Adjunct Non-Credit Basic Skills Mathematics Emporium Instructor - Modesto Junior College
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Non-Credit Basic Skills Mathematics Emporium Instructor - Modesto Junior CollegeSite:Modesto Junior CollegeSalary Range / Other
The Hourly Range: $48.23 to $83.92
Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $76.64
Summer School: $48.23 to $83.92
Summer School Doctorate Range: $57.05 to $86.17
N/APosition Summary Information Scope of Assignment
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, the incumbent will teach non-credit basic skills mathematics emporium in accordance with course outlines and class schedules. Responsibilities include: evaluating the progress of students; advising students concerning educational matters, and performing other instructional related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics.Desirable Qualifications
Experience teaching basic skills mathematics.Desirable Professional CharacteristicsExample of Duties
- Instruction of Mathematics Emporium for arithmetic through intermediate algebra; preparation of materials; grading student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.
- Preparation of the course syllabus and other course materials; grading of student work; maintaining an effective classroom environment and workspace.
Applications are accepted online only at:
Select Job Openings, Select Search Jobs, Select Job Title, Create an account and Apply to this job.
The District may hire more than one applicant with this applicant pool.
At the time an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts. Instructors with advanced degrees and coursework shall be placed on the appropriate salary column and step up to step 10. Initial salary placement will be at the first column/step until official transcripts have been submitted to Human Resources and placement processed. Note: there is a separate salary range for summer school.
FOREIGN DEGREES: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association. A copy of the evaluation must be attached during the application process. An ORIGINAL of the evaluation(s) must be presented at the time of hire.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not possess the exact degrees listed in MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS or if you anticipate receiving the required degree prior to the start of teaching classes, please complete a “Determination of Faculty Equivalency” form (link to the left) and attach it during the application process.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- * If you are not a U.S. citizen, are you legally authorized to work in the U.S.?
- I am a U.S. citizen question does not apply
- * Describe any personal or professional experiences which have prepared you to teach in the unique environment of California Community College:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe experiences, which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of two of the following:1. Curricula or services which stress innovation:2. Accommodations of various student learning styles:3. Activities which promote currency and professional growth in subject area:4. Effective participation in leadership and management:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you possess the Master's degree or the Bachelor's/Master's degree listed in the Minimum Qualifications for this position?
- No- If No, applicant must submit an Equivalency Form to be considered for this position. The form, policy, and procedures can be found at http://www.yosemite.edu/recruitment/equivalency_policy_and_procedures
- * Please tell us how you heard about this job announcement:
- Job Fair
- YCCD Recruitment Website
- YCCD Email
- CCC Registry
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (Attach all college transcripts)
- List of Professional References
- List of Graduate Courses