Clinical Professor of Nursing (Open Rank)
Position DetailsPosition Information Employee Type Faculty Title Clinical Assistant Professor Working Title Clinical Professor of Nursing (Open Rank) Position Number 116206 College/Area WSU Tri-Cities Hiring Unit College of Nursing Department Link
Washington State University Tri-Cities is seeking exceptional Doctorate-level educated applicants – prepared as Family Nurse Practitioners, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, and Clinical Nurse Leaders – to fill four (4) vacant faculty positions in the College of Nursing and contribute to our pre-licensure baccalaureate program, RN to BSN program, master of nursing (MN) and post-master’s certificate program, as well as the doctor of nursing practice (DNP) program. Clinical Faculty members will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate students, serving on master’s thesis/clinical project committees, advising undergraduate and/or graduate students, participating in clinical scholarship, and providing service to the university, community and profession of nursing.Additional Information
These (Open Rank) Clinical Professor positions are 9-month, temporary, non-tenure track appointments made initially for one year. Subsequent renewals are subject to satisfactory performance, mutual consent, and available funding. The positions are available for the start of the Fall 2018 semester, to begin August 16, 2018 and end May 15, 2019. Positions filled at levels between 0.5 and 1.0 FTE will be eligible for benefits. Salary is commensurate with training and experience.
There are four (4) vacancies available ranging from 0.5 to 1.0 FTE appointments.Anticipated Start Date 08/16/2018 Tenure Track No Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time Appointment Status Temporary Position Term in Months 9 Monthly Salary Salary is commensurate with training and experience. Required Qualifications
• Earned Doctorate (DNP or PhD) in Nursing or other health care profession
• Expertise in area of instruction
• Demonstrated commitment to clinical practice and scholarship
• A commitment to diversity, social justice, and the reduction of health disparities
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of WashingtonPreferred Qualifications
• Record of teaching experience including distance-education
• Experience with mentoring and advising including with rural and underserved populationsBackground Check Yes Posting Detail Information Type of Recruitment Open Recruitment Posting Open Date 07/13/2018 Screening Begin Date 08/13/2018 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply visit www.wsujobs.com, position number 116206, and upload application materials. Applications must include a letter of application addressing the required qualifications and any additional requirements, a curriculum vitae, and reference contact information. Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until sufficient candidates are identified.EEO Statement
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or [email protected]Posting Number 20152403F Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- WSU Website
- Personal Contact/Referral
- Career Fair
- Professional Journal/Association
- Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU)
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- State of Washington WorkSource
- Workplace Diversity
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Info