Adjunct Instructor - Computer Science
Under the direction of the department chair, teach lower or upper division courses in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering.Required Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of specialization and/or extensive equivalent experience in the career field.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of subject matter and content.
- Proficient in appropriate instructional methods and must be competent to instruct in both theoretical and practical classroom settings.
- Quality instructional strategies and techniques of student management, motivation, and evaluation. Interpersonal problem solving, decision-making, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to engage innovatively. Experience in course structure and assessment, planning, and quality. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and lifelong learning.
Masters or Doctoral degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering.Physical Requirements
Teach in a classroom setting.EEO Statement
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Benefits Summary
N/AFLSA Exempt Pay Range DOQ: www.uvu.edu/hr/compensation (for salary schedules) Advertisement Detail Information Advertisement Number FAC35718 Open Date 10/24/2018 Review Start Date Close Date 04/30/2019 Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.uvu.jobs/postings/9673 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Evidence of Degree (copy of transcript OR diploma)