Adjunct Instructor - Communication
Under administrative direction from the program coordinator, department chairperson, and dean, individual shall perform some or all of the following duties:
- Designs and teaches courses in field of study.
- Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepares instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individual and groups in classrooms, laboratories, and shops through using appropriate teaching methods.
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
- Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Coordinates cooperative work experience programs and students as assigned.
- Assists counselors, department chairperson and or program coordinator, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program.
- Improves professionally and maintains currency in the courses taught by: reading and utilizing materials found in trade, technical, and professional publications; surveying and researching industrial and business establishments; obtaining and maintaining certification and degrees as required; attending professional and specialty courses; keeping abreast of new development trends, and techniques.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the academic freedom and professional responsibility statement and adheres to these policies.
- Maintains desirable and safe laboratory, shop, and classroom conditions.
Earned master’s degree in Communication(s) or closely related field from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of evaluation of instruction, curriculum development, program development and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study, thorough knowledge of counseling and advising techniques.
- Knowledge of work experience programs (if appropriate for assignment).
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Skill in public speaking and report writing.
- Ability to apply effectively general principles to specific conditions.
- Ability to follow written and oral procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with people.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques.
Earned master’s degree in Communication(s) or closely related field from an accredited college or university and at least one semester of college teaching experience.Physical Requirements
Ability to move about a classroom continuously, continual talking and listening.EEO Statement
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Benefits Summary
N/AFLSA Non-Exempt Pay Range DOQ: www.uvu.edu/hr/compensation (for salary schedules) Advertisement Detail Information Advertisement Number FAC22718 Open Date 05/09/2018 Review Start Date 05/09/2018 Close Date 05/31/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
- Adjunct instructors are hired and retained on an as-needed basis.
- Applicants may be subject to a criminal background check and degree verification.
- Adjunct faculty are hired on an as-needed basis for a semester appointment only.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Do you have a masters degree?
- Evidence of Degree (copy of transcript OR diploma)
- Unofficial Transcripts # 1 , License or Certification
- Cover Letter
- License or Certification