Adjunct Instructor: Philosophy
Under administrative direction from the program coordinator, department chairperson, and dean, individual shall perform some or all of the following duties:
- Design and teach courses in field of study.
- Plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepare instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Evaluate instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods.
- Maintain a student-oriented approach to education.
- Recommend students for advancement and graduation.
- Be familiar with the academic freedom and professional responsibility statement and adheres to these policies.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in Philosophy, Religion, English, Ethics, or a closely related field in the humanities.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content of classes to be taught, instructional strategies and techniques; student management, motivation, and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate field of study.
- Effective human relations skills and communication techniques.
- Ability to apply general principles effectively to specific conditions; to work effectively with people; to communicate both orally and in writing.
Physical ability to teach and lecture for multiple hours a day.EEO Statement
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.Benefits Summary FLSA Exempt Pay Range DOQ: www.uvu.edu/hr/compensation (for salary schedules) Advertisement Detail Information Advertisement Number FAC09917 Open Date 08/04/2017 Review Start Date Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants may be subject to a criminal background check and degree verification.
Adjunct faculty are hired on an as needed basis for a semester appointment only.
This position is posted on a continuous recruit basis. This means that applications are accepted even though there may not be a position currently available.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Briefly describe your knowledge, skills, and abilities related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Evidence of Degree (copy of transcript OR diploma)
- Unofficial Transcripts # 1 , License or Certification
- Other Document #1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Teaching Philosophy