Tenure-Track, Rank Open Faculty in Accounting
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number F0600907 Position Title Tenure-Track, Rank Open Faculty in Accounting Department Accounting & Business Law FLSA Exempt General Description
The University of North Alabama invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Accounting that will be available August 2019. Candidates should have, or expect to have, an earned doctorate in accounting when employment begins. Candidates should have an interest in teaching Financial, and at least one additional area from Accounting Information Systems, Auditing, Managerial, Tax, or Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations. Professional certification, experience in accounting, and experience in teaching are highly desirable. We are interested in faculty who want to combine their research and teaching with a close working relationship with the professional business community. The College of Business, accredited by the AACSB, serves approximately 1,400 undergraduate and 800 graduate students. Among its graduate degree offerings, the College of Business offers a Master of Accountancy and an MBA with a concentration in Accounting. Candidates must be qualified to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Rank will depend upon qualifications. Salary is competitive with other AACSB institutions. Applications accepted until position is filled.Essential Job Duties Additional Duties Knowledge Skills and Abilities Minimum Qualifications
Earned doctorate or ABD in Accounting, required. Professional certification in accounting, professional experience in accounting, and/or experience in college-level teaching is desired.Licenses, Certifications, or Registrations Essential Physical Requirements Environmental Working Conditions Special Vision Requirements Salary Range Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Is the position Full-Time or Part-Time? Full-Time Duration of Appointment/Assignment Affirmative Action Statement
UNA is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving excellence and strength through diversity. UNA seeks a wide range of applicants for this position so that one of our core values, ethnic and cultural diversity, will be affirmed.Position Type Faculty Posting Date 10/25/2018 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you learn of this posting?
- Times Daily
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Minority Faculty Applicant Database
- UNA Email Announcement
- UNA Employment Facebook
- UNA Employment Twitter
- UNA Employee
- If you chose other in the above question, please list where you learned ofthe posting below.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an earned doctorate or ABD status in accounting or a related field?
- Yes, an earned doctorate in accounting
- Yes, an earned doctorate in a related field
- Yes, ABD status in accounting
- Yes, ABD status in a related field
- * If you answered the question above with "...in a related field", please list the related field here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have professional accounting experience?
- * Do you have a professional certification in accounting?
- * Do you have college-level teaching experience?
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
- Other Document 1
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
- Official Transcript 1 (for HR use only)
- Official Transcript 2 (for HR use only)
- Official Transcript 3 (for HR use only)