Part Time Faculty for Physical Education/Exercise Science
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Part Time Faculty for Physical Education/Exercise Science Posting Number Fac00382 Employment Type Part-Time Benefits Available No Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The College of Coastal Georgia (CCGA) seeks qualified applicants for the Part-time Faculty Roster. Part-time faculty will work in the School Nursing and Health Sciences alongside current faculty members with strong academic excellence and commitment to student-centered teaching and learning.Essential Duties
Applicants should exhibit expertise in practice, research, and education related to Exercise Science and/or Physical Education. Applicants must have the ability and desire to teach a range of courses leading to the B.S. degree in Health Sciences with concentrations in Exercise Science and Health Promotion. Potential courses to teach may include, but are not limited to: Physical Education Yoga course; or Exercise Science courses such as: Theory/Techniques of Strength and Conditioning, Functional Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics of Human Movement, Chronic Disease Rehabilitation, Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Wellness Methods and Strategies, Exercise Programming/Assessment, and Exercise and Wellness Facilities Management.
Additional duties may include:
• Teaching physical activity courses
• Using student-centered teaching/learning strategies.
• Supervising Health Sciences students in the laboratory setting.
• Holding regular office hours.
• Opportunities to engage in Service-Learning activities.
• Master’s degree in Exercise Science or Physical Education; or a Master’s degree + eighteen semester hours at the graduate level in the Exercise Science areas to be taught.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of students.
• Demonstrated record of scholarship and service activities
• Certification as NSCA CSCS or ACSM EP-C.
• Demonstrates evidence of recent, successful post-secondary teaching experience.
• Demonstrates commitment to excellence in teaching, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessment.
• Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 10/02/2018 Close Date 06/01/2019 Open Until Filled No Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Do you have College level teaching and academic advising experience?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 1