Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics Posting Number Fac00387 Employment Type Full-Time Benefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics within the department of Mathematics. This appointment is expected to begin August 2019. This is an academic year (10 month) appointment.Essential Duties
Job duties include teaching an average of 12 credit hours of coursework each semester in lower and upper level mathematics courses; participation in departmental and college committees; teaching both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus and/or the Camden center location as needed; and engaging in service, professional development, and scholarship activities.Minimum Qualifications and Training
• A doctoral degree in Mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited institution at the time of hirePreferred Qualifications and Training
• Experience teaching collegiate mathematics.
• Experience teaching and/or conducting research in mathematics or a related field.
• A background in Applied Math/Computer Science with the ability to teach a variety of courses in scientific computing and/or programming including, but not limited to, MatLab, Fortran, R, Java, C, C++, Python, and Octave
• Experience with academic advising
• Mentoring, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• The ability to utilize technology in the classroom and computer literacy.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 11/26/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2