Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor Job Posting Number 20190042FAC Job Location Round Rock Department St. David's School of Nursing Position Description
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University is seeking one clinical nursing faculty at the Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor level for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment to teach in the Family Nurse Practitioner track of the MSN-FNP program.
Duties and Expectations of Selected Candidate: Advise and teach MSN-FNP students; serve on faculty committees and participate in curriculum development.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include: participation in curriculum development, including lab instruction and teaching online courses in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will be located in the nursing building on the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, Texas. http://www.nursing.txstate.edu/Required Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate or enrolled in a doctoral program and bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing.
2. Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
3. Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
4. At least two years of clinical experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
6. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching and academic and professional service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of clinical assistant professor (less than five years teaching), clinical associate professor (minimum of five years teaching), or clinical professor (minimum of ten years teaching) in a School of Nursing.
7. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
1. Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
2. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
3. Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experience, and teaching in a Family Nurse Practitioner Program.
4. Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative (grantsmanship and extramural funding) and service.
5. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review and program/course assessment.
6. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
7. Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23212.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by October 2, 2018: (1) a current curriculum vitae, (2) a letter of interest that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, (3) unofficial transcripts, and (4) the names and contact information of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start Date Spring 2019 Open Date Review Date 10/02/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Teaching Experience/Evaluations
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference