Postdoctoral Research Associate
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Job Posting Number 20180001PF Job Location San Marcos Department Ingram School of Engineering Position Description
The Ingram School of Engineering invites applications for one postdoctoral research associate position.
The research activities of the project cover the area of computer hardware performance and digital designing. As the integration of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence models to different research areas are taking over decision-making, the computational performance has become very critical as part of the process. The objective of the project consists in being able to develop and use performance benchmarks, develop and analyze hardware models, and develop digital design solutions to improve performance in the computation hardware architecture. Hardware performance benchmarks do not always provide maximum metrics in where better algorithms will need to be implemented with knowledge of the architecture and environments. The data generated from benchmarks provide means to develop characteristic models in which architectures can be analyzed and used to provide locality of performance bottlenecks. Furthermore, digital design solutions are then simulated to provide performance enhancement options to the architecture. At the end of the project, the researcher is called to publish innovated solutions to hardware benchmarking and design solutions to performance bottlenecks. The main areas of focus are hardware benchmarking, data analytical models, and digital design.
The tasks of the selected candidate are:
- Develop new and compare existing performance benchmarks in distributed and parallel computer environments.
- Develop performance models for different hardware architectures.
- Evaluation of models to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Digital design simulated solutions that correct performance bottlenecks.
- Carry out research and publish articles in peer reviewed international journals and conferences.
- Carry out experimental activities associated to the project.
- Support in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
- Participate in dissemination activities of the project.
- Collaborate with other research teams in the department and university.
- Outstanding use of English at both conversational and writing levels.
- Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering, computer science or a closely related field.
- Computer architecture and digital design experience.
- Message Passing Interface (MPI) programming skills.
- Knowledge of CUDA programming skills.
- Knowledge of data analytics and modeling.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work on with other Engineering and Science fields.
- Prior research experience in academia and/or industry.
- Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications.
- The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be excellent team player.
Review of applicants will begin November 1, 2017, and continue until position is filled. Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/20708.
Applicants should submit a current curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and contact info for three referees); cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate, and unofficial transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official doctoral transcripts.Proposed Start Date Spring 2018 Open Date Review Date 11/01/2017 Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Examples of Recent Publications
- Examples of Recent Publications #2