Postdoctoral Research Associate
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Postdoctoral Research Associate Job Posting Number 20170003PF Job Location San Marcos Department Ingram School of Engineering Position Description
The Ingram School of Engineering invites applications for one postdoctoral research associate position.
The research activities of the project cover the area of prosumers collaboration in Smart Grid and Next Generation Networks. Over the last few years, the sharing economy has been a dominant field for research and commercialization. Alternative currencies have emerged to fulfill such applications and create the foundations for peer-to-peer interactions in modern networks. Furthermore, users are now transitioning from passive consumers of network resources to active “prosumers” that can also provide network resources (e.g. solar energy, CPU, bandwidth). The objective of the research project is to investigate different schemes of prosumers collaboration and develop new or apply existing algorithms and concepts derived from the mathematical framework of Game Theory and Blockchain protocol to Smart Grid or Next Generation Networks. At the end of the project, the researcher is called to perform computer simulations and experiments using an Internet of Things (IoT) testbed. The main areas of focus are Smart Grids, resource sharing, cryptocurrencies/blockchain, peer-to-peer transactions.
The tasks of the selected candidate are:
- Develop new and enhance existing mathematical framework of cooperative and noncooperative game theory.
- Apply Blockchain protocol in a testbed environment of sensors, smart meters, solar panels and actuators
- Design, implementation and evaluation of use cases for smart grid or data networks.
- Develop computer codes and simulation tools for different use cases.
- Carry out research and publish articles in peer reviewed international journals and conferences.
- Carry out experimental activities associated to the project.
- Support the team members in the preparation of reports.
- Participate in dissemination activities of the project.
- Collaborate with other research teams of Universities in the U.S.
- Outstanding use of English at both conversational and writing levels.
- Good publication record, focusing on peer reviewed international journals.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Excellent knowledge on cooperative or non-cooperative Game Theory or Blockchain protocol.
- Knowledge of networking and/or smart grids.
- Very good programming skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team.
- Embedded programming.
- Prior research experience in academia or industry.
- Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications.
- The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
Review of applicants will begin November 1, 2016, and continue until position is filled.
Applicants should submit a full CV (including a list of publications and contact info for three referees); cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate, and unofficial transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official doctoral transcripts.Proposed Start Date January 2017 Open Date Review Date 11/01/2016 Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference