Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Nursing
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Nursing Job Posting Number 20190040FAC Job Location Round Rock Department St. David's School of Nursing Position Description
Texas State is seeking a nursing faculty at the assistant professor, associate professor, or professor level for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment to teach in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner track of the MSN-PMHNP program.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include: participation in curriculum development, including lab instruction and teaching online courses in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will be located at the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, TX, http://www.nursing.txstate.edu/.Required Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate degree in nursing or related field and B.S.N. or master’s degree in nursing.
2. Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
3. Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
4. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
5. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching, and academic and professional service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor (less than five years teaching), associate professor (minimum five years teaching), or professor (minimum ten years teaching) in a School of Nursing.
6. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
1. At least three years of clinical experience as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
2. Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
3. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
4. Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experience, and teaching in a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program.
5. Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative (grantmanship and extramural funding) and service.
6. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review and program/course assessment.
7. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
8. Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23204.
First review date is November 1, 2018. To be considered in this first group, please submit the following by November 1, 2018: a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start Date Spring 2019 Open Date Review Date 11/01/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference