Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor of Communication Studies (Instructional ...
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor of Communication Studies (Instructional Communication) Job Posting Number 20190066FAC Job Location San Marcos Department Department of Communication Studies Position Description
The Department of Communication Studies at Texas State University invites applications for an open rank professor in instructional communication. This candidate would teach undergraduate and graduate courses in instructional communication, including training and development, small group communication, assessment, and/or COMM 1310 (basic communication course), as well as other instructional courses that align with their research specialization. We are particularly searching for scholars who would teach undergraduate and graduate courses in quantitative methods and/or intercultural communication (preference for race/ethnicity studies). We seek applicants who have personal experience with and/or share our commitment to educational equity, social justice, and the high-quality education of students from historically underserved and systematically marginalized communities. Individuals from historically underrepresented and systematically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.Required Qualifications
• Earned a Ph.D. in communication, communication studies, or closely related field by the start date.
• Demonstrated expertise in instructional communication (i.e., coursework, teaching,
and/or research in this area).
• Evidence of university-level teaching experience.
• Evidence of research conducted in instructional communication.
• To be eligible for hire at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor rank, candidates must meet the requirements for that rank as established by the department. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
• Demonstrate research productivity through peer-reviewed scholarship, including published articles and the presentation of research papers at professional conferences.
• Are prepared to teach undergraduate and graduate quantitative methods and/or intercultural communication (race/ethnicity studies)
• Demonstrate ability to mentor and teach diverse undergraduate and graduate students in academic, professional, or civic pursuits.
• Demonstrate consistent engagement in service to the department, university, and/or discipline.
• Provide evidence of externally-supported effectiveness, including funded research activities and/or community development projects.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23612.
To assure full consideration, please submit the following by November 15, 2018: (1) a cover letter discussing qualifications and fit with job description; (2) a current curriculum vitae; (3) evidence of teaching effectiveness; (4) a statement detailing research program and goals; (5) a statement detailing personal experience with and vision for contributing to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Texas State; (6) unofficial transcripts; and (7) contact information for three references;
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Questions regarding this position should be directed to Dr. Marian Houser, Search Committee Chair, at [email protected].Proposed Start Date Fall 2019 Open Date Review Date 11/15/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness
- Statement of Research Interests
- Diversity Statement
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference