Adjunct Faculty - History
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2018-12-20
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty - HistoryAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentHistoryProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The Department of History at Texas A&M University-Commerce seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for the upcoming semester, part-time adjunct faculty appointments.
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information, and
- Transcripts if a degree is required.
Major/Essential Duties of Job:
- Successful applicants will teach up to six semester credit hours within the required discipline at on campus or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand, hold office hours and assist students as needed.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
Occasional Duties: Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in the subject area is required.
- Position requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- The degree must be in hand at the time of hiring.
Preferred Special knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- A degree of familiarity with online teaching.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.