Research Staff, Darrin Freshwater Institute
Job DetailsPosition Information Position Title Research Staff, Darrin Freshwater Institute Advertised Title Research Staff, Darrin Freshwater Institute Location Lake George, NY Search Number R17-00060 Full Time/Part Time Full Time Portfolio Division of Research Business Unit Darrin Freshwater Institute (DFWI) Job Summary
The Darrin Fresh Water Institute is an Institute-Wide Center with a mission of conducted research in the realm of freshwater and the environment. Prominent among its research endeavors is “The Jefferson Project at Lake George,” which is a joint project between Rensselaer, IBM, and the FUND for Lake George with a mission of using an unprecedented array of new tools will fuse monitoring, modeling, simulation, forecasting, and experimentation to inform decision making that leads to the lasting protection of Lake George. See our You Tube Video for more information.
The Center occasionally has opportunities for talented post-doctoral researchers, research scientists, research specialists, and technicians to contribute to its mission at all levels. Hiring will depend upon candidate qualifications and experience as well as the current needs and funding availability.Minimum Qualifications
Post-doctoral researchers must possess, at minimum, a Ph.D., or foreign degree equivalent, in the fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology, or a closely related field.
Research Scientists must possess, at minimum, a M.S., or foreign degree equivalent, in the fields of in the fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology, or a closely related field. .
Research Specialists must possess, at minimum, a B.S. biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology, or a closely related field.
Research Assistants or Technicians must possess an an educational background in a field related to fields of biology, ecology, evolution, fisheries, or limnology.Preferred Qualifications
Experience in computing, programming, basic electronics, and driving boats is extremely helpful. Some or all of these experiences may be required for some opportunities.Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and ability to pay strict attention to research protocol
- Ability to organize and work on multiple complex tasks.
- Computer literacy, including ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data
- Ability to collect, record, analyze and interpret data using appropriate field specific systems, equipment and techniques
- Ability to set up and conduct sound experimental procedures
Applications will be considered in light of the current needs and funding of the Darrin Freshwater InstituteInstructions for Applying
Applicants can apply at the Rensselaer web site, which contains the official job posting:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three (3) or more references
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?