Adjunct Faculty - Biology
Position DetailsPosition Information Job TitleAdjunct Faculty - BiologyReports To and Evaluated byAssociate Dean of Arts & SciencesRequired Qualifications
Master’s degree in the discipline or closely related field, or master’s degree plus 18 graduate hours in the discipline. Be able to demonstrate the Morton College Core Values of truth, compassion, fairness, responsibility and respect.Preferred Qualifications
Previous teaching experience; community college or university teaching experience desired.Job Summary
The adjunct will teach classes in his/her field during the day and evening. The responsibilities and duties of the instructor may change as the needs of the college arise.Specific Job Duties
- Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and supplemental course materials.
- Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
- Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students no later than the first week of the course.
- Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed by Deans’ Office.
- Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and locations.
- Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest speakers from Deans’ Office.
- Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
- Take and record student attendance each day.
- Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10) day Attendance Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to the Deans’ Office.
- Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s Final Exam Schedule.
- Respond to emails from students, staff, and college administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session using assigned college designated email.
- Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton "careers" website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae