Crew Custodian, Floor
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited Access No Limited Access Period Ending Date Title Crew Custodian, Floor Posting Number S01129 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-time Typical Hours Per Week 40 Regular, Temporary or Term Regular If temporary or term, enter anticipated end date Benefits Eligible? Yes Hourly/Salaried Hourly Band/Level OP2 Hiring Minimum $12.07 Department Facilities Services Location Middlebury, VT Campus Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening Criminal Background Check, Post-offer Pre-employment Physical Exam Position Summary Position Summary
Spray buffs floors, shampoos carpets and upholstery on a continuous schedule and maintains equipment.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.
- Spray-buffs the floors on a routine cycle and periodically scrubs, strips, and applies coats of seal/finish to floors. Shampoos floors on a routine cycle.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as steam machines, pressure washers, autoscrubbers, buffers, wet vacs, sweepers and shampooers.
- Prepares daily work order log.
- Assists in major cleanup following parties, events and/or in emergency situations.
- Performs any open job when coverage for department absenteeism warrants.
- Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team leaders and supervisors.
- Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with
established departmental practices and procedures.
•Helps with special projects and setups.
•Moves large quantities of furniture at certain times of year within buildings and also from building to building.
•Interacts appropriately with the customer.
•Supports the College’s Recycling program.
•Identifies damage and missing items from buildings and reports to such to supervisor.
•Responsible for cleaning up any blood spills/accidents using proper procedures.
•Delivers supplies in preparation for summer school.
•Keeps simple records and makes simple reports.
•Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team liaison and supervisors.
•Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
•Assists with campus snow removal.
•Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from team liaisons and supervisors.
•Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental practices and procedures.
No formal education or training required; high school education preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, products, and equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a College driver’s license, which required having a valid state driver’s license for a minimum of three years and a good driving record.
Custodial experience and floor-buffing experience preferred.Physical Demands
Click here to view the full physical demand requirements for this position. (Category C screen)Posting Information Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and a post-offer pre-employment screening. Please see the physical demands section for additional information.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter Requirements
Please note that confidential letters of recommendation are not required for this posting.Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Would you consider temporary work?
- * Do you have custodial or other cleaning experience?
- * If you do have custodial experience, how long have you worked in this field? Please also describe some of the tasks that you have mastered.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V