As a Senior Administrator in the Academic Division, the Registrar plays a critical role in the collaboration among academic, student development, and administrative units in advancing the undergraduate and graduate academic enterprise and supporting the progression and success of students, while maintaining a strong student services orientation. The Office of the Registrar administers a broad portfolio of responsibilities involving operational, policy, compliance, information systems, and customer service components.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Models the Statement of Faith and Community Covenant with colleagues, faculty, staff, students, and appropriate external constituencies.
- Provides leadership and support for the Office of the Registrar and its staff.
- Oversee the annual production of the College Catalog (Leapfrog CAT).
- Coordinate the creation of each term’s master course schedule, final exam schedule, and classroom assignments.
- Supervise the course registration process.
- Adjudicate and provide counsel for various types of faculty, staff, and student requests.
- Coordinate the automation of Registrar office processes in conjunction with the Academic and Institutional Technology department.
- Oversee the aspects of the institutional student information system (Ellucian Banner) relevant to the mission of the office.
- Oversee maintenance, scribing, and enhancements of the institutional automated degree audit system (Ellucian Degree Works).
- Plan, administer, and oversee the department budget.
- Coordinate the annual commencement activities.
- Create the proposed calendar for the Academic Policies Committee and Faculty approval.
- Strategy, Reporting, and Student Support
- Serve as College’s primary contact with the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Serve as College’s Veteran’s Affairs (VA) certifying official for students receiving veteran’s benefits.
- Oversee the maintenance of student academic records and the transcript and enrollment verification processes.
- Oversee the awarding of degrees.
- Collaborate with the Academic, Student Development, and Enrollment Management divisions to support holistic student development and academic success.
- Communicate to students and relevant departments pertaining to students’ performance vis-à-vis academic standards.
- Coordinate with the Dean of Curriculum and Advising in supporting student advising program.
- Policy, Compliance, and Governance
- Ensure compliance with the College’s academic policies as approved by the Faculty Governance process and consistent with accreditation mandates.
- Serve as College’s data steward for academic student records, ensuring accuracy and approving data access and FERPA Compliance officer related to academic records.
- Assures the accuracy and timeliness of enrollment reporting in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of academic program and course inventory
- Work in conjunction with Curriculum Committee and Graduate Council to process curricular revisions and develop or make revisions to academic programs.
- Oversee NCAA Division 3 compliance for student athletes.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in appropriate field.
- Can articulate the unique attributes of a Christ-Centered Liberal Arts education.
- Five or more years of prior experience as Registrar or substantial leadership role in a registrar’s office.
- Strong student service orientation including the ability to work with and support diverse student populations.
- Proven ability to navigate the changing higher education environment as a collaborator with co-workers and the full range of campus leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct experience with Elluican Banner, Cognos Analytics, Ellucian Degree Works, Leepfrog CAT & CIM, OnBase, and CollegeNet 25 Live/Lynx preferred.