Adjunct Instructor, Business Office Management
Posting DetailsPosition Information Security Sensitive Statement
Positions are security sensitive and subject to Texas education Code 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Posting Information Position TitleAdjunct Instructor, Business Office ManagementIs this an Adjunct PositionYesPosition Number800133-BOMPosting Number201500047FACStart Date05/01/2018Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions To Applicants
Please Note: A criminal background check will be conducted on candidate finalist prior to the offer of employment. The application must be completed in full detail (including work history) for your qualifications to be considered. An incomplete application will not be considered. Your application is not complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the application process.
Review of qualified applicants to begin immediately.
The following documents are requested: resume, unofficial copies of official transcripts and licenses (if applicable), and name, phone number, and e-mail addresses of three (3) references. Applicants selected for interviews may be asked to provide letters of reference. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
In compliance with House Bill 558 passed during the 76th Legislative session, Lamar State College – Port Arthur requires that all male U.S. citizens from 18 to 26 years of age provide proof of registration with the Selective System or exemption from such registration, prior to employment.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at (409) 984-6237.
Lamar State College-Port Arthur is an E-Verify Employer.
The Adjunct Instructor reports the Department Chair for Business and Technology. Duties include teaching business office courses and completing all duties associated with adjunct teaching. Must have experience as an administrative assistant or office manager with four or more years experience. Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning. Develop, update, and post course syllabi in a timely manner. Performs related duties as required.Minimum Qualifications
Associate’s degree in office administration or business related field. A minimum of four years of experience in the field. Ability to deal with students, faculty, and staff members in professional manner. Ability to plan, schedule, and manage projects and assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, listen, and see. The employee is occasionally required to sit, lift, push, pull and carry objects.
Working conditions are a normal classroom setting.
Teaching experience in Office Administration or related business field.SalaryDepends on class load.Work HoursDepdent upon class schedule. Courses may be scheduled during the day or evening.Quick Link for Internal Postingshttp://lamarpa.peopleadmin.com/postings/1138Reference Letter References Minimum Requests3Maximum Requests3Last Day a Reference Provider Can Submit Reference04/30/2019Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience in using the Blackboard Learning Management System?
- * How many years of teaching experience do you have?
- 0-1 years
- 1-2 years
- 2-3 years
- 4-5 years
- 5 or more years
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Do you have experience working in an office setting?
- How many years of field related experience do you have ?
- 0 - 6 years of field related experience
- 7 - 10 years of field related experience
- 11- 20 years of field related experience
- 21 or more years of field related experience
- What is the highest level of education attained?
(Open Ended Question)
- How would you describe your ability to work as a member of a team?
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you willing to teach evening or weekend classes?
- Describe your computer skills.
(Open Ended Question)
- Please rank your skills with Microsoft Word?
- Please rate your skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Curriculum Vitae
- Selective Service
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcripts 2
- Transcripts 3