Assistant Professor Athletic Training
Posting DetailsPosition Information Business Title Assistant Professor Athletic Training Position Number Home Department School of Health & Human Performance Employment Type Tenure Track Faculty Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Appointment Faculty (10-month) Time Limited? No Time-Limited Appointment Length Work Schedule
40 hour work week; Monday-FridayWork Hours per week 40 Travel Required? Y Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The School of Health and Human Performance is housed in the College of Health Sciences. We offer a BS in Exercise Science and a BS in Public Health. The Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT), in addition to a MS in Health & Human Performance with concentrations in Health Promotion or Human Performance and a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Health and Physical Education encompass all of our graduate programs.
We are currently teaching out the final BS AT cohort. We expect to continue the high demand for AT at the master’s level due to our track record of success with BOC pass rates and job/graduate school placements at the undergraduate level over the past 10 years. The Athletic Training program is CAATE accredited.Primary Purpose of Position Key Functions and Related Job Duties Key Function Faculty - Teaching/Instructing Job duties performed for the above function
1. Teach graduate courses in athletic training (e.g. therapeutic modalities; intervention) and undergraduate core movement sciences courses (e.g. anatomy, kinesiology, emergency medical techniques) – 4/4 credit hour load;
2. Assist the Program Director with all aspects of athletic training curriculum development and implementation;
3. Assist in maintaining CAATE standards in the MSAT.
Georgia College faculty share the responsibility of teaching our core curriculum and providing foundation courses for majors and non‐majors alike. To carry out our public liberal arts mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to engage students as they launch their intellectual journey.
This faculty employee will also contribute to the Georgia College core curriculum by teaching topical freshman (GC1Y) or sophomore seminar (GC2Y) courses.Key Functions and Related Job Duties Key Function Researching Job duties performed for the above function
As a tenure track faculty, the candidate will also be required to conduct professional scholarship in area of interest and expertise. Scholarship includes, but is not limited to, 1) publications in professional journals; 2) presentations at local, state, regional, national, or international conferences; 3) mentoring of undergraduate and/or graduate student research; 4) the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL); etc.Key Functions and Related Job Duties Key Function Professional Development Job duties performed for the above function
This would include service to the institution or the profession of athletic training at the local, state, regional, or national levels.Other Duties and Responsibilities Other Duties and Responsibilities
Candidates must contribute to the School of Health and Human Performance educational mission. The finalist is also expected to engage in University, College and Departmental service.Equal Opportunity Statement
Georgia College is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee and strives to create a campus environment which understands, fosters, and embraces the value of diversity. No person shall, on the grounds of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information, be excluded from employment or participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination, under any program or activity conducted by Georgia College.Minimum Requirements Proposed Minimum Experience/Education
Successful candidates are expected to have:
1. Doctoral Degree in Athletic Training or related field (e.g., PhD, EdD, DAT, DPT).
2. Familiarity with online synchronous and asynchronous instruction.
3. Evidence of successful higher education teaching and clinical supervision experience.
4. Experience and demonstrated competence in teaching of major courses.
5. Minimum of 2 years of full-time experience as an ATC.Department Required Skills
1. Understanding of the principles associated with teaching and learning.
2. Demonstrable ability to work collegially and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.List any other requirements
1. Strong communication skills.
2. Evidence of methodological innovation and creative teaching strategies is highly desirable.
3. Strong understanding of the evaluation of Athletic training student performance competencies and methods in which these are measured and documented.
4. A strong understanding of the accreditation standards established by the Council on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education Programs (CAATE) for master’s level programs, and the outcome program goals which are formulated to achieve those accreditation standards.
Describe other job related requirements necessary to effectively perform the job's key functions such as license/certifications, required trainings, etc. Click here for requirement examples listed by occupation titles.Select Type License/Certifications Description of Requirement
1. Must have NATA BOC Certification.
2. Must be eligible for Georgia License as an Athletic Trainer.Preferences Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education Posting Detail Information Posting Number F0215 Desired Start Date 08/01/2019 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Date 10/08/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Summary Reference Letters Reference Letters Accept References No Minimum Requests Last Day a Reference Provider Can Submit Reference Applicant Special Instructions Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have achieved?
- ABD - All But Dissertation (Degree work completed; Dissertation needs to be completed)
- * Do you have higher education teaching experience?
- Yes, 1 - 2 years higher education teaching experience
- Yes, 3 - 5 years higher education teaching experience
- Yes, 5 or more years higher education teaching experience
- No, I do not have higher education teaching experience
- * Are you NATA BOC certified and eligible for Georgia Licensure?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- List of 3 References and Contact Information