Service Coordinator, Front-Of -House
Service Coordinator, Front-Of -House
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dickinson College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for this position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Posting Details Position Information Posting NumberS00754Position TitleService Coordinator, Front-Of -HouseWorking TitleFood Service CoordinatorPosition NumberVF9813 and VF9814Pay Grade/CategoryPosition TypeNon-exempt Division and Department Information DivisionFinance and AdministrationDepartmentDining Services Posting Information Job Summary/Basic Function
The service coordinator works with part-time line servers and part-time dining room attendants to set up, operate, close, and clean food counters, deli, grill, and self-service stations in the dining hall service and seating areas. The service coordinator interacts directly with Dickinson College students and serves as ambassadors of the college for students and other guests. The incumbent ensures timely, friendly, clean, and safe delivery of food to customers while demonstrating positivity and warmth from the time the guest arrives to the time the guest departs.
- Reviews with kitchen culinary staff, cold-foods staff (salad department), and bakers the menus, allergen information, serving locations, portion sizes, garnish, and serving utensils before serving line and dining hall opens. Shares information with supporting co-workers assigned to line service or dining room service.
- Serves food and controls serving size portions according to guidelines established by Dining Services while understanding the concept of all-you-care-to eat; balances customer desires with production limitations: will limit servings if and only when kitchen production cannot keep up with demand; and ensures self-serve islands and bars are maintained with fresh, attractive product in clean and neat service areas. Assists in training other employees to complete this essential function. Works in line areas or in dining room as dictated by customer traffic or as directed by management.
- Presents self and service counters, seating areas, and all self-service devices in a neat, orderly, clean, and sanitary fashion.
- Helps shift supervisor or student-supervisor train casual employees in the performance of counter and self-serve station set-ups.
- Prepares menu signs, sets out line cards, and verifies labeling of allergens, dietary traits such as vegan foods by working with the brand manager or office support staff. Supports salad bar, dessert, bar, grains and sauce bar, and gluten-free stations.
- Answers all customer questions about menu items found throughout the dining hall; collaborates with chefs and others if unsure of answers.
High School Diploma or GEDA valid Driver's Licence is required. Employees (operators) must have been in possession of a valid operator’s license for not less than three (3) years and the license must have been in good standing without interruption during that time period.Successful candidate will also be required to complete ACT 153 ClearanceThis position is considered "Emergency Staff." As such they may be required to report to work even when the college is closed or is operating under a delayed start.Physical Demands Work Schedule Advertised Work Schedule
Must be available as early as 10 a.m. and as late as 10 p.m.
Will rotate working every other weekend.
During academic breaks will typically work 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
The College is committed to building a representative and diverse faculty, administrative staff, and student body. We encourage applications from all qualified persons.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Employee Referral
- Jobs at Dickinson (http://jobs.dickinson.edu)
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News
- Referral from Dickinson staff, faculty, friend or family member
- Sentinel Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Yahoo Jobs
- The Guide
- Other Website
- Inside Higher Ed
- Another College website
- Academic Careers
- If other, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the highest education/degree completed?
- High School
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctoral degree
- * Please specify your number of years of experience using one of the following categories:
- Less than 12 months
- 1-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5-8 years
- More than 8 years
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application