POST DOCTORAL FELLOW
POST DOCTORAL FELLOW
MEDICINE - NEPHROLOGY & HYPERTENSION
Nov 12, 2018
Candidate will conduct experiments involving laboratory projects to generate research data and prepare manuscripts for publication
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. MD or PhD in biological and/or physiological sciences is required.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong command of English as a spoken as well as a written language
3. Demonstrated ability to write scientific papers based on research performed in the lab, as well as prepare proposals for external funding
4. Ability to work independently as well as part of a productive research team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
1. Skilled in statistical interpretation, data organization and analysis using statistical software as well as Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word and database software applications
2. Highly organized and detail oriented along with the ability to pay attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively with other team members in order to complete projects.
4. Proficient in cell culture
5. Proficient in standard biochemical and molecular biology techniques
SPECIAL REQUIRED ABILITY FOR INCUMBENTS WHO HAVE CONTACT OR EXPOSURE TO ANIMALS OR ANIMAL TISSUES:
1. Ability to complete and pass successfully the required occupational health screening referenced in the University’s Animal Handler Health Surveillance Program on an annual basis.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK, PHYSICAL, AND DRUG SCREENING FOR INCUMBENTS WHO HAVE CONTACT OR EXPOSURE TO ANIMALS OR ANIMAL TISSUES:
Selected candidates must complete and pass a background check and an occupational health screening as a condition of employment. For identified jobs, a drug screening will also be required. The background investigation, required occupational health screening, and any required drug screening will be conducted after a conditional employment offer has been extended.
1. Some experience in management, annotation, imputation and analysis of large scale genomics data.
2. Some experience using a variety of genomic analysis software.