Dental Hygiene Adjunct
Department:: Health Sciences Division
Locations:: Columbia, MD
Posted:: Dec 18, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: PT - No Benefits
About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
- Ensures that instruction meets or exceeds standards established by the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Will teach didactic and/or lab course as instructed by Dental Hygiene Program Director.
- Upholds expected standards of professionalism, quality, and ethics and in so doing serves as a role model for students.
- Employs a variety of teaching methods in order to meet the varied learning styles of students.
- Monitors student performance on a periodic basis and provides feedback to students in a reasonable amount of time.
- Follows the HCC Dental Hygiene Manual policies and procedures and works in partnership with faculty and program director to update as needed.
- Share information about students' needs, attendance and achievements with the director and other faculty members.
- Assume responsibility for own continuing education by participation in workshops, seminars, regional and/or national meetings.
- Attend regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Participate in trainings, orientations and college required activities.
- Assist in dental hygiene program accreditation process.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and five years clinical dental hygiene practice or currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree.
- Currently licensed to practice Dental Hygiene in the State of Maryland.
- Knowledgeable of current technologies in clinic and appropriate to the area of instruction.
- Possess knowledge of, and demonstrates proficiency in, current concepts in dental hygiene, dental hygiene education, clinical instruction, general dentistry, and clinical practice.
Hours Per Week: Varies based on course load.
Compensation: http://myhcc.howardcc.edu/employee_resources/department_resources/human_resources/compensation/Pages/Adjunct Faculty Pay Rates.aspx
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Attach the following:
(2) Cover Letter