Adjunct Faculty - Theater, Middle College
Job Title: Adjunct Faculty - Theater, Middle College
Location: GRCC Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 40
Date: November 9, 2018
Title: Adjunct Faculty - Theater, Middle College
Position number: 40
Work schedule: Fall / Winter semester
Reports to: Associate Dean of Evaluation and Hiring, School of Arts and Sciences
Closing date: Open until filled
General Information The College is seeking candidates to teach TH 248: Introduction to Theater at our Middle College site in Ottawa Hills and possibly other locations. These classes involve teaching college-level material to upper-level high school students as part of GRCC’s Middle College program. The candidate must be available to teach Tuesday and Thursday between 12 and 2:30pm in the winter semester. There is potential to teach in future semesters as well. Essential Job Functions
- Maintain accurate course records and submit related reports as requested.Effectively assess student performance.Create a safe and inclusive learning environment for students.Utilize multiple strategies to facilitate learning.Support the Department and College through other work normally expected of adjunct faculty members.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Theater or a closely related field with at least 18 graduate credits in the teaching discipline.
- Teaching experience preferred but not required.
- High School teaching experience preferred. Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and with varying academic skills.Participation in professional development and/or continuous improvement activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving abilities.Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the community college philosophy.An interest in teaching college-level material to high school students as part of a middle college program.An interest in working with diverse student populations, who represent a wide range of ethnicity, national origin and ability.Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule.High energy level with enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting students, staff, and the general public.Ability to work under pressure while possessing mature judgment and flexibility in regards to interruptions and schedule changes.Must use good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult situations in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Must have the physical capacity for lifting up to 25lbs.
- Classroom environment in a high school academic setting.
Grand Rapids Community College is committed to a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment. GRCC creates an including learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, height, weight, national origin, disability, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by stated and federal law. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, Mi 49503-3295.