Assoc./Professor of Clinical CRNA- School of Nursing and Health Studies
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-12-21
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) at the University of Miami seeks an energetic, dynamic and nationally recognized academic and clinical CRNA leader to fill an open rank vacant Assistant/Associate/Professor of Clinical position for the BSN-DNP Nurse Anesthesia Program. The 2018 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools” ranks the SONHS’ master’s programs 32th out of 259 schools; the Doctorate in Nursing Practice program was 42th in the first-ever rankings of D.N.P. programs. Among schools of nursing, the SONHS’ scientific portfolio is ranked first in Florida and 26th in the nation for NIH funding. Cutting-edge research conducted by some of the world’s top healthcare scientists focuses on topics such as health disparities, cultural competence in healthcare, HIV and other STIs, substance abuse, family and intimate partner violence, mental health, and patient safety, with a focus on nursing education and nursing workforce issues. The SONHS’ 5-story, 41,000 square-foot, cutting-edge Simulation Hospital, replicates the true flow of activities in a clinical practice and hospital and is a global destination center for simulation-based education, research and service; this facility is a resource for expansion of healthcare education and research initiatives.
The Assoc./ Professor of Clinical will report directly to the Associate Dean and Vice Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies and responsibilities will include: teaching in the graduate nurse anesthesia program, academic advising of students in the program, scholarship and research activities, conducting clinical teaching and simulation education, community and academic service activities, and participating in School and University committees.
1. Hold a PhD or doctorate degree in nursing or related field earned from a regionally accredited university
2. Hold a PhD or doctorate degree or higher in nurse anesthesia (or recognized COA equivalent) from a COA accredited nurse anesthesia educational program and regionally accredited university.
3. Hold a current, unrestricted license as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) in the specialization of Nurse Anesthetist in the State of Florida.
4. Hold current recertification as a CRNA from the National Board for Certification and Re-Certification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
5. Hold current BCLS and ACLS certification.
6. Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an active practicing nurse anesthetist.
7. Minimum of five (3-5) years of experience as a didactic and/or clinical instructor in a COA accredited Nurse Anesthetist educational program.
8. Meet the requirements set forth by the Council on Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs for faculty and program administrators, including formal instruction in curriculum, evaluation, and instruction.
Please apply online, candidates must submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of 3 recent publications, and contact information for 3 professional references. All materials should be uploaded to the application and can also be sent to: Attn: Search Committee, Ms. Zuzer Calero, School of Nursing & Health Studies, PO Box 248153, Coral Gables, Florida 33124-3850. Email: [email protected]The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.