Assoc. Professor of Clinical - School of Nursing & Health Studies
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-04-15
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Associate Professor of Clinical
Simulation Hospital Responsibilities
The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) at the University of Miami seeks an energetic, dynamic and recognized academic and clinician to fill an Associate Professor of Clinical position.
The Associate Professor of Clinical will report to the Vice Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies and responsibilities will include:
- Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate programs
- Conducting clinical teaching and simulation education
- Academic advising of students in the programs
- Scholarship and research activities
- Community and academic service activities
- Participating in School and University committees
Simulation Hospital Responsibilities
· Promoting procedures to ensure students master safety protocols to reduce the frequency and cost of clinical errors, as used in real-world healthcare settings
· Actively participating in simulation-based teaching activities
· Working closely with the School’s leadership team (Dean, Associate Deans, Operations Director) to develop a comprehensive research infrastructure for the Simulation Hospital
· Developing and implementing standards and procedures for evaluating the efficacy and outcomes of all teaching activities at the facility across all nursing and health sciences disciplines
· Responsible for maintenance and documentation all SSH accreditation documentation and processes.
· Responsible for ensuring that annual SSH reports are completed and submitted to the accrediting body.
· Will manage and help develop nurse specialist and simulation technician staff.
· A doctoral degree in nursing or other health profession
· Leadership experience in simulation programs in academia
· Management skills to provide oversight to a large, complex educational and research facility
· Experience in the health care industry
· Excellent communication, inter-professional and interpersonal skills
· Ability to lead staff in clinical and academic settings
· Skills and commitment to foster innovation, excellence and quality in all activities
· Ability to lead, inspire and collaborate with simulation nurses and technicians
- Hold a PhD or doctorate degree in nursing or related field earned from a regionally accredited university.
- Hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the State of Florida.
- Hold current BCLS certification.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an active practicing nurse.
- Minimum of (2-4) years of experience as a didactic and/or clinical instructor
Apply online: Candidates must submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of 3 recent publications, and contact information for 3 professional references. Materials should be upload along with you application and can also be sent to: Attn: Search Committee, Ms. Zuzer Calero, School of Nursing & Health Studies, PO Box 248153, Coral Gables, Florida 33124-3850. Email: [email protected]The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.