$65,700.00 - $93,700.00 Annually
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
2/6/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
This is a full-time, tenure-track, librarian position. Under the direction of the Dean, the primary assignment will be to provide library services to the college, its students, faculty, and staff, and to participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. Although the assignment is initially at the Rancho Campus, transfers to Fontana or Chino may be possible per contract and need.
This assignment includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Provide library reference service to the college community, including suggested search strategies and guidance in the use of electronic, web-based, and print resources;
• Provide in person and online library instruction in an academic environment and library orientation presentations;
• Assist faculty with the integration of research methods, critical thinking and information literacy skills;
• Maintain current knowledge of instructional methods and new technologies pertinent to areas of assignment; learn and apply emerging technologies and advances (e.g., computer software applications) as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized and timely manner;
• Participate in collection development and management responsibilities;
• Collaborate with others to prepare reports, assessments, and data in support of program reviews, student learning outcomes, and self-studies;
• Serve on division, college and district committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program; participate in appropriate professional development activities;
• Participate in staff and college meetings and contribute through appropriate committee assignments and professional activities;
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of instructional materials;
• Day and evening assignments at the College or any of the College Campuses may be required as part of the regular contract.
• Master's degree in library science or library and information science; OR
• Possession of a valid lifetime California Community College credential authorizing service as a Reference Librarian; OR
• The equivalent (equivalency questions are included in the Faculty Application for Employment); AND
• Clear sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by:
• Expertise with the student populations included in theChaffey College Equity Plan;
• Recent experience with library instruction in person andnon-traditional formats such as online, hybrid, fast-track, accelerated, etc.;
• Experience in providing successful library instruction in a college or university setting to students having a wide range of skills and goals;
• Experience with reference services in person, online, and over the phone;
• Working knowledge of emerging technologies critical to the design and delivery of library resources and instruction;
• Ability to work collaboratively, productively, and collegially with faculty, classified staff, and student employees;
• Experience with and commitment to working with culturally and ethnically diverse groups;
• Experience with or commitment to underprepared adult learners;
• Effective oral and written communication skills;
• Experience in the development, implementation and assessment of student learning outcomes.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $65,700 (minimum qualifications) to $93,700 (doctorate) (Fall 2019 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
ChaffeyCollege recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new applicationcan be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application package mustinclude an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicantmeets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the followingdocuments must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:?
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified.
• Cover Letter(State briefly how you meet the qualifications)
• Professional Reference List(Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
• Copy of Transcripts(Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on theChaffeyCollege campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should you feel you have any need for accommodation due to a disability, please indicate this request on your application or contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883,ChaffeyCollege is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains,Chaffey'sRancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges,ChaffeyCollege offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute;ChaffeyCollege remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire,ChaffeyCollege provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts;ChaffeyJoint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared,ChaffeyCollege provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time atChaffeyand beyond.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency