Assistant Director, Employer Relations - Daniels College of Business
12/5/2018Assistant Director, Employer Relations - Daniels College of Business Tracking Code003752 Job Description
The University of Denver is seeking an experienced, talented and innovative business leader for a full-time position in the Career Services office at the Daniels College of Business. The successful applicant will join an experienced and dedicated team that helps to directly support the employer management strategy, career planning, development and employment outcomes for the students and alumni of the college. With a long tradition of excellence and innovation, the Daniels College prepares students to succeed in a dynamic, changing world. We are a high-achieving community of students, staff and faculty that inspires one another to think in new ways, perform at higher levels, and transform organizations and communities. Daniels is ranked among the top business schools and is the only business school in Colorado to receive rankings and recognition from BusinessWeek, the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. The Daniels College of Business (DCB) of the University of Denver offers a variety of graduate degree programs including a Master of Business Administration (Denver MBA), Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA), and an online Master of Business Administration ([email protected]), Master of Science in Accountancy, Management, Applied Quantitative Finance, Business Analytics, Real Estate and the Built Environment, and Marketing as well as non-degree Executive Education and professional development programs. DCB currently enrolls undergraduate students in nine majors: Accountancy, Business Analytics, Finance, General Business, Hospitality Management, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Real Estate and the Built Environment. DCS supports approximately 2,000 undergraduate, 600 graduate students, plus alumni of DCB. The primary areas of operation are in student-facing advisory roles and in employer-facing recruitment roles. The department operates under a cross-functional support model in collaboration and alignment with Student Services, Office of Graduate Admissions, Office of Communications and Marketing, Executive Education, Experiential Education and External Relations.
The Assistant Director of Employer Relations provides team leadership, operational support, and business development and relationship management in service to recruiting and employer engagement activities for the Daniels College of Business community. The position will Support and develop initiatives that continuously improve the quality of recruiters experience with Daniels; collaborating with the Director of Employer Relations in identifying, managing and enhancing relationships with local, regional and national companies across industries to increase and improve the employment and talent acquisition opportunities for the students and alumni of the College. Collaborate with the Executive Director of Career Services and team of career coaches and advisors and cross-functionally with other staff directors and teams across the campus, to develop and deploy innovative and high-quality career and recruiting opportunities for the students of both the Daniels College and other academic units of the University of Denver. Support the collection and reporting of employer recruitment activities, business community engagement with Career Services, and employment outcomes in collaboration with the University of Denver Career & Professional Development department as well as DCB External Relations. Provide supervisory and day-to-day operational leadership for the Employer Relations team, as well as working cross-functionally with other business community-facing units in researching and developing relevant career programming and recruiting activities that build market connectivity and relevance such as: information sessions, networking opportunities and workshops, print and online resources for delivering recruiting content to both targeted and opportunistic employer audiences. Support the external recruiting relationship activities of the Director of Employer Relations and be a liaison between the applicable academic departments, sector employers and career coaches that support students exploring career opportunities within those sectors. Be an integral part of the team that creates and delivers professional development programs, securing employer participation in activities such as workshops on interviewing, networking, mentor programs, industry career panels, etc. Ensure that on and off campus employer recruiting activities are well planned, organized and executed. Activities can include interviews, meet & greets, tabling events, preparation of candidate resume books, city treks to employers, and the support and successful execution of career fairs and events. Promote DCS employer programs and events through the creation of content, promotional activities and deliver career-related recruiting events to Daniels students and be a part of the team accountable for supporting the Daniels in Focus and DU IMPACT 2025 strategic plans and for increases in market readiness and connectivity, student and employer satisfaction and in increased employment opportunities for and employment rates of students.
Employer Management and Engagement:
- Act as a primary point of contact for inbound inquiries from employers, staff, faculty, alumni relations and the DU Career Center regarding recruiting processes and opportunities for the college. Cultivate and strengthen employer relationships by connecting employers to Daniels and the university to support and fulfill their recruiting strategies.
- Provide in-office leadership to develop, implement and successfully execute an employer/recruiter enhanced engagement strategy.
- Lead management of the Colleges career technology platform, ensuring that job opportunities are posted and promoted.
- Perform database analysis of existing employers and identify outreach opportunities to drive enhanced engagement.
- Lead the development of student-facing resources in collaboration with the Office of Communication and Marketing to provide innovative and forward-thinking branding and promotional opportunities that improve employer engagement, job postings, and student attendance at events.
- Manage and provide operational support for career fair activities.
Administrative & Team Management:
- Act as the day-to-day lead for the Employer Relations team in service to the students and alumni of the College.
- Manage the operational activities of the team to ensure consistently high quality services and access to those services, and develop operating processes, promotional support and reporting metrics reflecting stakeholder engagement, satisfaction and student employment outcomes.
- Manage work assignments and schedules ensuring effective on-campus employer meetings, panels, information sessions, and other activities with appropriate departments, faculty and student groups.
- Coordinate team management with Executive Director to support achievement of team and individual goals and professional development.
Stakeholder and Community Engagement:
- Participate in various local organizations and initiatives to increase connection to employment opportunities for Daniels College students and alumni.
- Collaborate and assist with cross-functional service units in the college including Student Services, Graduate Admissions, External Relations, Office of Communications and Marketing, Executive Education and Experiential Education.
- Support and attend all on-campus recruiting events to further build relationships and expand recruiting strategies with employers currently engaged with the college.
- Support and drive success of student outreach, provide guidance to advisors, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Employees are held accountable for all functions of this position.
Direct the work of other full-time and part-time Employer Relations staff, graduate assistants and student workers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong history of success in establishing mutually beneficial business relationships that provide value to stakeholders.
- Competitive orientation with drive to win business and generate positive results.
- Understanding of higher education issues and trends, and a broad understanding of careers typically pursued by business students and early career professionals.
- In-depth understanding of industry talent acquisition processes and practices.
- Ability to interact with corporate recruiters to facilitate the successful recruitment of students.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills.
- This person must possess the ability to communicate as well as develop and maintain relationships with recruiters, hiring managers and corporate management and leadership from a wide variety of industry sectors, as well as with faculty and staff.
- In addition, the Assistant Director will interact with corporate representatives ranging from CEOs to new graduate business hires.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to independently prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set goals and enforce deadlines, while maintaining the flexibility to re-assess and prioritize goals.
- Analytical, critical thinking and reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to market and evaluate programs, maintain accurate and detailed records, work independently with little direct supervision, and lead and/or participate on multiple team projects.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft software knowledge: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. CRM (Salesforce) experience a plus.
- Ability to attend required on-campus events and meetings at various locations both on and off campus.
- May visit employers and alumni throughout the local market. Must be able to work with a high level of independence, perform under pressure, plan ahead by anticipating problems and forecasting outcomes, and deal with challenging and dynamic situations while maintaining composure.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of professional business experience focused on business development, account management, or combination of business and higher education experience in both external-facing and staff supervisory roles.
- Overall experience should include at least three years of professional experience in a role with a recruiting or professional mentoring component.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platform.
- Experience with higher education career service software (12Twenty, Symplicity, Handshake)
- 2 years of prior experience in a higher education and/or graduate management career services role, or a similar level of professional experience with recruiting or executive search.
- Experience with on-campus recruiting software programs.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in database management/development.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting.
- Experience in academic program planning/development.
- Experience working and consulting with diverse populations.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 11, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentDean's Office, Daniels College of Business (44)Position TypeFull-Time/Regular