Professor of the Practice of Social Work, Director of Four Corners MSW Program - Graduate Schoo...
9/27/2018Professor of the Practice of Social Work, Director of Four Corners MSW Program - Graduate School of Social Work Tracking Code003868 Job Description
Applications are invited for a full-time, twelve-month, benefited, non-tenure-track, open rank, Professor of the Practice faculty position starting April 1, 2019 to coordinate the Four Corners MSW Program. The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is seeking to add a colleague whose innovative ideas and program development skills support our mission of educating MSW students and fostering social and economic justice. This position will develop and coordinate all activities of the Four Corners MSW Program with the Denver campus. This position works closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in all academic matters. The position also coordinates with the Office of Admission and Financial Aid, Director of Marketing and Communications, the Field Education Program, the Technology Support Staff, and the Office of the Registrar. Working weekends and evenings is required, as most classes are offered in a cohort model on Friday and Saturday. The offices for the program are located in Durango, Colorado and the Director must reside there and have the ability to travel through the region. The program serves the four state region including Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. The program also specifically supports Native American students from the region and prepares students for rural social work practices. For more information about GSSW, our curriculum, and the University of Denver, please visit www.du.edu/socialwork.
GSSW’s curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Professor will be determined at time of hire commensurate on background and experience. Persons who have social work practice experience with diverse populations that will contribute to the diversity of our academic community are encouraged to apply.
- All candidates must have an MSW degree with a minimum of 7 years of administrative/ leadership social work or other human services-related work experience.
- Candidates must be proficient with current educational technologies, student-centered, resourceful, and culturally sensitive in order to meet the diverse needs of the region, have good interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills, the ability to work independently.
- The ability to teach, mentor and advise MSW students and engage in community service activities that promote the mission of the school.
- It is preferred that candidates have an LCSW, expertise in generalist and rural practice and the ability to teach.
Applications will be reviewed beginning October 18, 2018 and early application is advised. Position responsibilities will begin April 1, 2019.
Applicants must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Confidential inquiries may be directed to the search committee chair, Professor Jean East, at [email protected]
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter that illustrates their interests and expertise in administration, student development, community relationships, and social work education.
- Three letters of reference and teaching evaluations (if available). These specific documents should be submitted directly to the dean's office:
PLEASE NOTE: The online application system is limited to uploading 5 files total. Please combine content (clearly labeled) if necessary to upload all required content.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentGSSW-Instruction/Programs (214000)Position TypeFull-Time/Regular