Digital Media Technician I - Information Technology
1/25/2019Digital Media Technician I - Information Technology Tracking Code800850 Job Description
Information Technology (IT) supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University through providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division partners with administrative and academic units to align strategic goals and operational plans, providing unified service in the spirit of One DU. Department Summary: The Digital Media Services Department provides customer focused support for audio, digital, and visual technology resources campus-wide, at the University of Denver, which includes: general and a variety of non-general classrooms, audio visual event resources and requests, video production services, video streaming for live events, audio visual services for commencement, video teleconferencing, audio visual design consultation services, and senior level and board of trustee meetings on and off campus.
This position is responsible for delivering audio/visual technology support for University events, conferencing events, and special events, along with support for video conferencing services. The applicant will provide effective classroom support to faculty and students within university smart classrooms. The work environment is an academic library with cyclical periods of increased workloads with the possibility of stressful situations. The department is highly automated with attention paid to ergonomics and safety. The unit is one of several working collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization. The work environment consists of surroundings with moderate noise levels and frequent contact with electrical devices. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and perform work of a physical nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth, color, peripheral and ability to adjust focus.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Professional Customer Services.
- Set up, test and operate A/V equipment.
- Maintain Audio/Visual Equipment.
- Instruct faculty, staff and students in the operations of A/V equipment including LCD projectors, document cameras, DVD/Blu-Ray players, Flat Screen Monitors, mixers, microphones, laptops, and computers.
- Mixing, regulating, coordinating of sound inputs.
- Troubleshoot Problems.
- Perform related work as required or assigned.
- Must be able to communicate with diplomacy, tact, and judgment, both in person and on the telephone.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with, and working knowledge of audio visual, video, and computer equipment preferable in a college or university environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced in troubleshooting problems.
- Experience with classroom technology.
- Navigation of OS and Windows based operating systems.
- Excellent costumer service skills a must.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Flexibility of schedule and able to accommodate nights, and/or weekend shifts.
- Video Conferencing Experience
- Video Streaming Experience
- Video Production Experience
- 35mm Film Projection Experience
- Previous work in an academic environment
20hrs/week or 1,000 hours in a calendar year. Flexibility of schedule and able to accommodate nights, and/or weekend shifts.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, February 7, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- A Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.DepartmentUTS-Customer Service (401200)Position TypePart-TimeSalary12.00 - 15.00 USD