Executive Director of the Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) and Leadership Mohawk Valley (LMV)
Position Title: Executive Director of the Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) and Leadership Mohawk Valley (LMV)
Salary: $60,000 starting and commensurate with experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, a minimum of three (3) years’ experience coordinating and facilitating programs, ability to work a flexible schedule, and a valid drivers’ license at the time of employment and throughout employment required. Knowledge of the Mohawk Valley region and community preferred.
The Executive Director of the Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) and Leadership Mohawk Valley (LMV) oversees the operations of the CLE and LMV program. The Director coordinates and attends program events, monitors program outcomes, collaborates with stakeholders, secures financing and continuous enrollment, and represents and markets the program in our community. This is a program funded position.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE);
- Oversees Leadership Mohawk Valley (LMV) program operations and ensures the timely execution of establishing program goals;
- Works in collaboration with the LMV Board of Directors: (BOD) and MVCC’s President to define the strategic direction of CLE programs including but not limited to the analysis of trends in the field, community needs and opportunities;
- Manages the fiscal viability of the CLE by securing program and event corporate sponsorships, ongoing recruiting of class participants, and organizing special events to ensure diversified funding;
- Delivers quality leadership programs of which performance will be measured based upon established key metrics and outcomes;
- Coordinates and promotes all program days and LMV events by effectively communicating with program hosts, sponsors, site administrators and presenters to clarify and confirm arrangements;
- Attends program days and LMV events including but not limited to program days, committee meeting, events and BOD meetings to answer questions and remain current on CLE priorities; supports committees and attend committee meetings as requested;
- Manages all CLE communications including but not limited to electronic, media relations, website currency, social media and/or direct communications with key stakeholders;
- Engages in continuous and ongoing recruitment of class participants;
- Maintains all hardware and software utilized in the administration of the CLE program including routine backup of program related data;
- Coordinates and successfully implements annual events, including but not limited to Orientation Alumni Mixer, Follow the Leader dinner, and graduations;
- Maximizes the efficiency and effectiveness of all human and financial resources;
- Maintains all required records and necessary documentation in accordance with all legal requirements and best practice(s);
- Ensures that the program is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations;
- Builds and cultivates relationships with key community partners to benefit of the CLE programs, including but not limited to, alumni, BOD, key community business partners, sponsors, and/or donor;
- Supervises program staff;
- Other related duties as assigned by the President.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 10/29/2018
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.