Adjunct Lecturer - Visual Arts and New Media
Category:: Part-Time Adjunct Lecturer
Department:: Visual Arts & New Media
Locations:: Fredonia, NY
Posted:: Aug 19, 2015
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: Non-Tenure Track
About State University of New York at Fredonia:
The State University of New York at Fredonia is a comprehensive, selective, public, residential, liberal arts university located in beautiful Western New York, just minutes from Lake Erie. Founded in 1826, the university is among the most storied in the State University of New York system and is the first in the SUNY system to be awarded the SUNY Shared Governance Award. It is home to a world-renowned School of Music and over 100 degree programs in the liberal arts, natural and social sciences, education, mathematics, and business. Fredonia also features cutting-edge programs in the emerging fields of technology, service, and communication and is consistently ranked among the top public, master's granting universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report.
Fredonia is known for its strong academic programs, attractive architecture and grounds, rich campus life, and commitment to student engagement and success. Fredonia is focused on ensuring that all Fredonia students, utilizing knowledge developed through a broad range of intellectual experiences, will be:
- Skilled (develop Intellectual and Applied Skills, Literacies and Knowledge),
- Connected (engage Community and Diversity: Local Stewardship, Global Citizenship),
- Creative (demonstrate Scholarship, Artistry, and Innovation), and
- Responsible (activate Sustainability, Ethics, Leadership, and Professionalism).
Read a message from State University of New York at Fredonia's President.
The College of Visual and Performing Arts' Visual Arts and New Media department is home to numerous faculty and staff members dedicated to providing students with engaging and meaningful classes. As part of a continuous recruitment effort for part-time Adjunct Lecturers (Adjunct Instructor, NSA6), Fredonia seeks qualified candidates to teach courses on an as needed basis, consistent with the operating needs of the department.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan for benefits eligible employees (i.e. must be compensated to teach two or more courses or the equivalent per semester to be benefits eligible);
- Paid leave provisions including sick leave; impressive educational benefits including one-course per semester tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Chair, the successful candidate will:
- Teach course(s) and assess learning as assigned ;
- Maintain office hours;
- Provide assessment and accreditation data;
- May provide academic advisement to students;
- May participate in committees and provide service to the department, college, university, and profession;
- Be aware of, know, understand, and follow all university policies.
- Master's degree;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial and professional manner, with students, faculty, and staff;
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and constituents in support of campus and department mission.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience;
- Demonstrated experience teaching with technology.
Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants.
An Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, Fredonia provides for, and promotes, equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment, without discrimination.
Pursuant to University policy, the University is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, or domestic violence victim status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law, or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
The University's policy is in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment. These laws include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as Amended by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972, and the New York State Human Rights Law. These laws prohibit discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the APPLY NOW button. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application.
- Cover Letter
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.