(Non-Credit) Nurse Aide Program Instructor
Department:: Business & Community Services
Locations:: Holyoke, MA
Posted:: Nov 13, 2018
Closes:: Feb 15, 2019 - 11:59 PM EST
Type:: PT No Benefits
About Holyoke Community College:
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for.
For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
The Division of Business and Community Services at Holyoke Community College is looking for a part-time instructor to teach Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide training course in Holyoke, MA, as part of an Integrated ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)/Nurse Aide-Home Health Aide training program. Daytime (M-F 8am-3pm). Current schedule is projected to be Mon, Tues, Th, Fri 8 am to 12:30 pm. Must be available 8 am - 3 pm during Clinical Rotation weeks (3 per cohort). Two cohorts of 10 students per year, Jan - May and May - August. (Additional fall teaching responsibilities may be available pending funding).
The Nurse Aide Instructor will plan and implement a 240-hour Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide Prep course (including 60 hours of Clinical Experience), based on DPH-approved curriculum and in alignment with state regulations. The instructor will develop curricula and plan course content, provide lectures and hands-on instruction, and evaluate training effectiveness so that students learn the specific skill sets and knowledge needed to obtain certification and to pursue a career as a nursing assistant/home health aide.
The instructor will need to become familiar with current state and federal regulations and will have to keep accurate attendance, grade, and skills information as required by the Department of Public Health.
Two years of nursing experience is required, and at least one year experience as a teacher, trainer, health care personnel instructor, or direct nurse aide supervisor.
Other Job Duties include:
- Teach 14-16 hours per week of Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide instruction, in alignment with Department of Public Health, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and HCC program standards, requirements, and expectations.
- Instruction should be hands-on and relevant, and inclusive of multiple learning styles.
- Must be willing to work as a member of a team, including ESOL instructor(s), career advisor(s), and program Director(s). Must be willing to adjust teaching to the needs of ESOL learners, and to team-teach with ESOL instructor. Works closely with ESOL instructor, Career & Education Advisor/Job Placement Specialist, Assistant Vice President for Adult Education & Workplace Development, and Program Coordinator to provide comprehensive approach to instruction and student support.
- Must provide a written syllabus and/or course scope and sequence prior to the start of each cohort.
- Assists with program pre-screening of applicants, orientation, and job placement.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse, Minimum two-years work experience in a long-term care setting. One year prior educational experience. Commitment to and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff & student body.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Post-secondary teaching experience. Prior DPH instructor approval. Experience working with non-native English speakers.
COMPENSATION: $55-65/hr; no benefits. Maximum 18.5 hours per week, 30 hrs/wk during Clinical Rotation weeks.
FUNDING SOURCE: DESE Grant
START DATE: Open
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and
- List of references with names, addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin February 14, 2018.
Returning applicants - Login to your Holyoke Employment Account to check completed application. https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp