Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
Category:: Adjunct Faculty
Department:: Health & Natural Sciences Division
Locations:: Holyoke, MA
Posted:: Oct 22, 2018
Closes:: Jan 4, 2019 - 11:59 PM EST
Ref. No.:: MCCC
About Holyoke Community College:
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for.
For over 63 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options.
The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Holyoke Community College invites applications for anticipated vacancies for the following areas:
- Long Term Care
- Sub-Acute Care
Adjunct faculty provides a quality learning experience for Holyoke Community College students on a semester basis. Adjunct faculty reports to a dean and performs instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the college. The relationship of the adjunct faculty member to the student is one of teacher and facilitator of learning.
- The adjunct faculty member will distribute and review the course syllabus during the first class meeting. The adjunct faculty shall forward the dean no later than the end of the first (1st ) week of classes in each session a course syllabus.
- The adjunct faculty member will utilize active learning methods and use a variety of instructional strategies designed to assist the learner in meeting the objectives of the course. Such activities can include, but are not limited to: a.) Cooperative learning. b.) Experiential learning, c.) Writing for learning and/or Critical thinking initiatives.
- The adjunct faculty member will remain abreast of ongoing developments and practices in his/her professional content area(s).
- The adjunct faculty member will arrange for the acquisition and preparation of appropriate materials and equipment in a timely manner necessary to meet course objectives in collaboration with the area dean.
- The adjunct faculty member will be prompt and accurate in the recording and reporting of student data including assessment of student performance; including final grade reports.
- The adjunct faculty members will be supportive of students' learning goals by: a.) Focusing on student learning outcomes b.) Taking into account the needs and abilities of the students c.) Becoming familiar with academic and social support.
- Making reasonable provisions to accommodate individual differences.
- Maintaining the academic integrity of the college.
- Making himself/herself available to assist students in achieving their learning goals.
- The faculty member is aware of and recommends campus services to students as needed. These include library services, the library home page on the College site, financial aid, counseling, supplemental instruction, etc.
- Adjunct Faculty are expected to attend all schedule classes. If it is necessary for the adjunct faculty member to miss a class, he/she will follow appropriate procedures by notifying the supervisor or the supervisor's designee and is responsible by providing an alternate assignment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in subject area or closely related field required, unless otherwise noted. Commitment to and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff & student body.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: College teaching experience.
COMPENSATION: Continuing Education scale salary; no benefits
FUNDING SOURCE: Trust
NOTE: Copy of transcript must be sent with application.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and
- List of references with names, email addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
- Copy of transcript
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.