Category:: Administrative Positions
Department:: Registrar's Office
Locations:: Springfield, OH
Posted:: Nov 27, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 1-84010-50101
About Wittenberg University:
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and security of the university's academic records, the maintenance of the university's student information system, the tracking of student progress, and the scheduling and grading functionalities of the university. The Assistant/Associate Registrar will be in charge of the day-to-day operations of the Registrar department, including the tracking of student progress, the updating of students statuses with the college, and the processing of student requests relating to their academic records. The position requires strong decision making skills, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to work collectively with other departments at the college. Prioritizing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process academic reports by session, semester, and year as needed.
- Develop efficiencies within the department to increase productivity.
- Serve as the co-leader in the development of the automated workflow processes to enhance efficiencies and communication with other university offices.
- Utilize department and college technology systems at an advanced (i.e.: super user) level.
- Evaluate academic substitutions and requests for course Incompletes.
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with verification of student degree completion and graduation duties.
- Assist with overseeing daily office operations; supervise the maintenance of accurate and secure student records; and enforce all retention and release policies regarding the confidentiality of student data.
- Supervise and direct the day to day operation of the student staff members.
- Display a clear understanding of the requirements of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, regarding the privacy of student records and general information. Maintain the confidentiality of all conversations, incidents, and information processed and maintained by the University. Be capable of explaining the basic elements of FERPA to the public, students, faculty, and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required. We are also seeking applicants with 4-6 years of higher-ed experience.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; most specifically in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination on our website.
To apply, please set-up an account and apply through our online system. As part of the application process, applicants will be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A cover letter
- Name, address and phone number for three professional references
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at (937) 327-7517.