Director of Advancement Information and Analytics
Category:: Administrative Positions
Locations:: Springfield, OH
Posted:: Dec 18, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 1-85025-50101
About Wittenberg University:
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Office of Advancement at Wittenberg University is recruiting for a Director of Advancement Information and Analytics. The Director oversees the use of the Salesforce fundraising database, prospect management system, and associated advancement software systems, and is the primary person on campus responsible for integration of the data management systems with the Office of Information Technology. The Director facilitates a strategic, integrated program of data coding, retrieval and reporting as well as prospect identification and management to support annual and major fundraising campaigns and individual prospect strategies. As part of the Advancement leadership team and Wittenberg's primary manager in these areas, the Director's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct interface with the IT Department to provide technical support for advancement computer systems (Salesforce, alumni intranet, phonathon, crowdfunding and other in-house and vendor-provided software).
- Direct interface with the IT Department to facilitate timely upgrades, security and maintenance of the Salesforce system.
- Understanding the professional objectives of the Office for Advancement and ensuring that these objectives are met with the best possible use of information resources.
- Developing and producing Advancement and Alumni data-use policies, reports, and management dashboards to support the work of Advancement staff.
- Supervising the work of the Assistant Director of Prospect Research and providing guidance on systems work for all Advancement staff.
- Conducting technical training and orientation on systems specific to the Advancement Office.
- Evaluating and improving procedures in the gift processing and data management areas to ensure that Advancement best practices and efficient use of system resources are in place.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Leadership ability in the application of relational database systems to Advancement work.
- Skills in designing and producing database reports.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing and technical policy development skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of standard statistical tools related to prospect identification and moves management and familiarity with best practices in the areas of Advancement technology.
- Bachelor's degree plus five years' experience using technology in an Advancement environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with relational databases for Advancement.
- Experience with the use of data analytics tools to inform fundraising, stewardship and donor communications.
- Desire to be part of a small-shop advancement team in a liberal arts environment.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please set-up an account in our online recruiting system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.