Graduate Assistant, Athletic Communication
Category:: Other Positions
Locations:: Springfield, OH
Posted:: Dec 11, 2018
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 1-90030-50103
About Wittenberg University:
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg is a NCAA Division III institution participating in the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and offers a broad-based intercollegiate athletics program and numerous club and intramural opportunities. Annually, Wittenberg places among the top four in the North Coast Athletic Conference All-sports standings.
The Wittenberg University department of athletics is searching for a qualified applicant to fill the role of a graduate assistant for the Athletic Communications Office. The Graduate Assistant for Athletic Communication assists in the overall communications operations for the university's 25-sport, NCAA Division III varsity programs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide statistical coverage and historical records of Wittenberg athletic events as required by the NCAA and NCAC.
- Assist in disseminating of all forms of information (press releases, videos, photographs, graphics, etc.) via Wittenberg athletics' web site, social media outlets, and local or national media.
- Assist in the supervision of all student and staff assistants including but not limited to: interns, student workers, contract employees, video/film/audio crews, photographers, and statisticians.
- Assist in all aspects of the pre-game, in-game, and post-game production of radio, television, and live streaming of Wittenberg's athletic and promotional events and activities.
- Assist in the preparation and design of all media guides, official game programs, recruiting brochures, and all other promotional and marketing materials for the athletic department and staff.
For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor's degree, some related experience, and acceptance into Wittenberg's graduate program. We are also looking for applicants with the following:
- Experience with statistical programs (StatCrew, Presto, Genius, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills (verbal and written) in order to work with a diverse campus community
A valid driver's license is also required. Travel is required as well as some evening, night, and weekend work.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please review our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.