Police Officer - Open Application Pool
Category:: Other Positions
Department:: Police & Security
Locations:: Springfield, OH
Posted:: Jan 15, 2013
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 1-85026-50102
About Wittenberg University:
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Open Application Pool for the Wittenberg University Police & Security Department is an online repository for applicants to post their resumes and other required documents. Applications from the Open Application Pool will be reviewed as openings arise. All applications will be kept on file for one full year after which they are purged.
At all times our Police Officers are required to:
- Use courtesy and tact to encourage voluntary obedience of laws, ordinances and other university district needs. Enforce federal and state laws, city ordinances and all other pertinent university and local regulations with regard to the rights of the individual concerned.
- Maintain high visibility; respond immediately to university district police/security incidents. Duties are to be carried out with prudent regard for the reasonable safety of all persons, specifically including the officer.
- Utilize appropriate and lawful means to prevent or halt the commission of an offense and to prevent escape of, or to apprehend, a suspect or offender when it is reasonable to do so.
- Operate and maintain vehicles.
- Maintain proficiency through training and education.
We require a High School Diploma/GED and OPOTA certification. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid Ohio Driver's License. Applicants must be able to pass the following tests/screenings: drug screen, written skills, psychological fitness, and background records check. Police officers may not display any visible tattoos.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity, equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a respectful, positive work environment.
To submit your application to our Open Applicant Pool, please apply online then, upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format:
- A cover letter
- Name, address and phone number of three professional references
- OPOTA certification
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the employment process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources at 937-327-7517.