Adjunct Instructor for Computer Programming
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part time position of Adjunct Instructor for Computer Programming. Part time faculty are those persons employed to provide instruction during the academic year dependent on the teaching needs of the College.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
Examples of Duties:
- Provide instruction and conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy of the college and within the scope of a defined course of study.
- Help students with coursework.
- Perform such other related duties as the appropriate dean or the chief academic officer may assign for the good of the College.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi for all assigned sections in accordance with department and divisional policies.
- Evaluate and return student work in a timely manner to promote student learning.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance.
- Submit final grades and all other required documents and reports according to established deadlines.
- Utilize college learning management system (Blackboard) to create course content website.
- Can participate in professional development activities.
- Can serve on committees.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor's degree required in the field of computer science or closely related field.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
1 to 2 years of experience in either teaching in a technical field or working as a programmer.
Proficiency in C++, Java, HTML, SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Cordova, and Mobile Apps.