Librarian (Clovis Community College)
Librarian (Clovis Community College)
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 2/24/2019 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Clovis Community College
Start Date: 08/08/2019
The ideal candidate will share Clovis Community College's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. As of the 2017-2018 academic year, we currently enroll approximately 11,000 students in which 43% are Latinx, 11% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 3% are Black/African American, 36% are White, 1% American Indian/Alaska Native, and 4% are multiracial. Clovis Community College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction and technical services to students and working with internal and external stakeholders, the librarian will be responsible for:
- Providing on demand reference and extended research services to students;
- Conducting bibliographic instruction for students in a classroom environment;
- Planning and presenting library workshops;
- Collaborating with faculty to increase awareness of library resources to students;
- Promoting library resources to faculty, students, and campus groups;
- Collaborating with other librarians to establish library policies and procedures, and the development of budget proposals;
- Collaborating with other librarians for purchasing and maintenance of the library collection(s);
- Performing technical services duties;
- Ensuring consistent access to electronic resources;
- Planning and implementing the college's information competency goals;
- Collaborating with other librarians to design and develop library research skills and library technology courses, workshops and online tutorials;
- Serving on and attending department, college, and district committees as needed;
- Participating in program review, student learning outcome development and assessment to improve student learning;
- Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Master’s in library science, library and information science;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
- At least one year of experience in an academic library setting, especially in a community college;
- Experience with reader’s advisory and reference services;
- Knowledge of current state of information technology in libraries;
- Knowledge of collection development and technical services functions;
- Experience in library instruction;
- Experience in student engagement, freshman experience and outreach, and a second master’s degree in a content field;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and assessment of student and program learning outcomes;
- Knowledge and experience in program review and planning, and accreditation;
- Demonstrated ability in developing successful instructional strategies for non-traditional or academically at-risk students;
- Experience serving on college committees;
- Experience working with a diverse student population;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is $55,650 - $83,782 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,082 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teacher’s Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened by Human Resources for completeness and to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents by the closing date and time listed on the job announcement, a selection committee will review the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications then determine who will be invited to interview. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of March 18th. The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services and College President for final interviews which are tentatively scheduled for the week of April 1st. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval. State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants. For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 243-7100. For information on Clovis Community College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 5613. Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
This is a full-time, tenure track position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency