Multimedia Services Manager
Whatcom Community College welcomes applications for the Multimedia Services Manager position which manages the Multimedia Services Center and Makerspace. This position manages the operations, resources, consumable materials, and equipment related to these service areas. Reporting to the Director for Information Technology, this position provides oversight and instruction on the appropriate and safe use of these resources.
The Multimedia Services Manager supports multimedia, audio/visual (A/V) and physical media makerspace needs for the campus community by managing the production and support of A/V materials and resources for classroom instruction, institutional promotion, student projects, faculty and staff development, and campus events. This position leads the work of other A/V and multimedia technical staff to support multimedia training and production of projects, including printing, 3D printing, graphic design, video, and audio editing, and makerspace tools and resources.
Include but are not limited to:
- Manage multimedia services, resources, and equipment (including setup up, operation, and maintenance) and instruction in the use of A/V media equipment and systems such as video and/or audio capture, recording, audio mixing, production, projection, and streaming.
- Provide training and education to students, faculty, and staff on equipment use and operation, as well as on software and applications available in the Multimedia Services Center and Makerspace, including audio recording and editing equipment, video recording and editing equipment, lighting, backgrounds, post-production tasks, operation and maintenance of 3D printers, post printing curing, cleaning; operation and maintenance of wide format printers; along with other A/V, printing, graphic design materials and operations.
- In collaboration with the Writing Center and other college departments, develop and deliver opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to learn how to use equipment and software to compose digital media.
- Coordinate with the Office of Conference and Event Services to support media and A/V needs for internal and external events. Provide A/V technical support for campus meetings, conferences, concerts, and other college events as needed.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedure, and protocols and provide technical support for patrons on the usage of Multimedia Services Center and Makerspace; Ensure federal and state accessibility requirements are met to uphold equity and access to technology and related use and instruction.
- Support the production of video, audio, still photography, post-production editing, file conversion, and duplication for campus instruction and promotional materials.
- Manage the procurement, maintenance, and billing of supplies and inventories of consumable materials; manage charges to customers for use of consumable materials.
- Maintain and circulate high-end audio, video, photography, and printing equipment to students, faculty, and staff; maintain accurate check-out and check-in records.
- Manage security of equipment and the safety of students, faculty, and staff using the Multimedia Service Center and Makerspace.
- Research, recommend purchase, repair and support equipment, and tools specific to the Multimedia Services Center and Makerspace in collaboration with other campus stakeholders.
- Lead, supervise, and assign work to a multimedia services staff, A/V technicians and makerspace support staff.
- Develop, assess, evaluate and continuously improve multimedia services and related programs and resources.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in audio or video engineering/production or related field.
- Two years of experience in professional studio environments.
- Two years of Pro-consumer experience with one or more of the following: digital HD video recording and editing equipment; digital photography with studio or portable lighting; audio recording and editing with studio-grade microphones, preamps, and mixers; video editing software (like Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier); digital audio workstation (DAW) audio recording, editing, and production software (like Avid ProTools).
- Experience with A/V networking including IP networks and Dante networks.
- Experience with digital streaming equipment for HD video/audio for web-based consumption.
- Experience with electronics, metal/wood shop tools, electronics test equipment, 3D printers, 3D design applications.
- Demonstrated ability in the instruction of others in the use of the above-mentioned equipment.
Salary and Appointment:
- This is a full-time administrative/exempt position, exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual salary based upon a range of $48,000-$55,000 depending on experience.
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by 4:30 pm on January 25th, 2019. Position open until filled.
To apply please visit us at: