MEDICAL OFFICE SUPERVISOR (La Victoria)
MEDICAL OFFICE SUPERVISOR (La Victoria)
Posting Number: SRGV3710
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for supervising the daily operations of the assigned School of Medicine clinical practice site. Oversee operations, quality, patient satisfaction, patient relations, personnel assignments, and inventory of the clinic.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises clinic operations and activities to ensure efficiency and quality service is delivered within all sections of the clinic.
• Ensures compliance with regulations and standards while maintaining and upholding established clinic patient care, operational and employee policies at assigned site.
• Supervises non-clinical personnel. Objectively evaluates/documents performance of personnel and takes corrective action as appropriate.
• Works with administration to develop/modify/supply, personnel, capital equipment, and special program budgets.
• Monitors revenue and expense budgets on an on-going basis and takes appropriate action to ensure practice is within budget guidelines.
• Ensures appropriate information is gathered and transmitted in support of billing functions and may assist with annual budget preparation.
• Serves as point of contact for patient and external customer complaints. Reconciles and investigates all complaints relating to practice operations and refers complex situations to the Senior Director of Clinical Operations.
• Oversees all office supplies and ensures the ordering of needed supplies to maintain inventory.
• Maintains documentation as required by regulatory agencies, policies, and procedures.
• Assists with the coordination and maintenance and repairs of clinic area, equipment, and instruments.
• Engages with community members and organizations.
• Promotes Area Health Education Center (AHEC) activities.
• Supervision of students.
• Oversees collection of required Area Health Education Center (AHEC) data.
• Facilitates activities of the Community Advisory Board.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program from an approved school of Nursing, or 60 hours of college credit, including 18 hours business and/or health care related course work.
Preferred: Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification course accredited by the American Heart Association
Four (4) years of progressively responsible patient care and/or administrative experience in a clinic, medical office or multi-physician group office to include supervisory duties.
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Use of standard office equipment and electronic medical record system. Clinical equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Effective management and supervisory skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and collaboration skills. Strong customer service orientation and ability to work as a team member. Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/03/2019
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2022
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20112
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency