Financial Analyst 2
Financial Analyst 2
Job Number: 81418
Financial Analyst 2 JOB DESCRIPTION:
Stanford University's Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE) is looking for a Financial
Analyst to join our Finance & Administration team. If you like variety of work, enjoy collaborating with operators to optimize business, thrive in a dynamic-fast paced learning environment, and you would be proud working for an organization that serves future leaders of the world, this may be the opportunity for you.
Residential and Dining Enterprises (R&DE), a department within Stanford University, operates a number of different lines of business serving students, faculty and staff. Those lines of business relate to the development, construction, day-to-day management, maintenance, and renovation of over 300 housing facilities across campus, as well as food and food-related offerings within a variety of cafes, dining halls, catering, concessions, and vending across campus. There are many ancillary services that support these core businesses. Each of these lines of business requires different financial needs, including financial planning, budgeting, accounting, business analysis, reporting, and process improvement. Beyond this position, there are many other opportunities within R&DE and Stanford that allow you to continue growing and thriving throughout your career.
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. R&DE has an annual operating budget of over $270 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at Athletic Concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. R&DE comprises 1100+ staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost (SAVP), Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology, Maintenance Operations and Capital Projects, and Strategic Communications.
To primarily support the financial operations of Stanford Hospitality and Auxiliaries, a self-sustaining business unit that generates revenues from retail cafe and vending food operations, stadium concessions, catering services, and a campus hotel. The Financial Analyst will work closely with Food Service and Hospitality Operators to provide finance and accounting support and also cross train with and provide backup support to Stanford Conferences Finance team.
- Run reports from multiple hospitality systems (POS, inventory, event management, etc.) to book journals into the G/L
- Oversee third party vendor contracts - calculate commissions, send invoices, and make disbursements
- Review accuracy and compliance of expenses and process reimbursements of employees
- Prepare journal entries to ensure that revenues and expenses are booked to proper accounts; participate in month end close and financial reporting
- Maintain and produce weekly flash reporting to provide business units with financial data and metrics and assist business operators in understanding the financials
- Produce variance reports and detailed monthly transactional reporting
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and ensure accuracy of accruals
- Collect and consolidate business information for weekly business optimization reporting
- Maintain check deposit log and make timely deposits to bank
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in additional special projects and analytics as assigned
- Some administration duties are also required
- Experience or enthusiasm for working in the Hospitality Industry
- 1-2 years of experience working in the Hospitality industry
- Excel Macros,VBA, SQL, or additional advanced financial modeling skills
- Accounting experience and preparation of journal entries
- Familiarity with audit and compliance
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Grade: H
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
Location: Residential & Dining Enterprises, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency