BUILDING ATTENDANT II - NIGHT
BUILDING ATTENDANT II - NIGHT
Posting Number: SRGV3460
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To perform manual work involving the custodial maintenance of buildings.
Responsible for custodial maintenance and miscellaneous related services.
Description of Duties:
• Participate in the refinishing of floors and in the cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting and scrubbing of tile work, floors, stairways, hallways, rest rooms, offices, laboratories, locker rooms and building lobbies.
• Wax and polish floors.
• Clean and maintain rest rooms.
• Wash windows and move furniture and equipment.
• Polish nickel and brass work.
• Empty waste baskets and trash boxes.
• Wash and polish drinking fountains.
• Participate in the preparation of auditoriums and other areas for meetings, seminars and other student, faculty and staff functions.
• Pick up material to be recycled.
• Assist with new employee training and communication of work assignments ensuring completion within established time frames.
• Advise employees of department changes of special assignments or work routines.
• Assist in inventory control and distributes requested material.
• May be required to have flexible work schedule, to include but not limited to: working evenings, weekends, Holidays and overtime.
• May be required to carry a two-way radio and/or pager and must be available on an “On call” basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision with detailed instructions on special assignments.
Occasionally supervises assigned custodial personnel.
Completion of the 6th grade. Ability to read and write English well enough to comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on cleansers, chemicals, and other containers, and to understand work orders, complete time cards, and receive oral and written work directions.
High School Diploma or GED.
One (1) year of experience as a Building Attendant I or its equivalent.
Two (2) or more years experience as a Building Attendant I or its equivalent in a
college or university.
Knowledge of janitorial equipment and its care and maintenance requirements.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Work schedule: expected to work primarily night and weekends or rotating schedule including weekends. Usual office building conditions. Some exposure to inclement weather when moving between buildings and emptying trash. May be exposed to other hazardous wastes, chemicals, and/or conditions in research and teaching labs.
Must be physically able to perform all essential functions and duties of the job. Requires considerable stooping, bending, kneeling, walking, lifting, and carrying of heavy objects to perform job duties. Requires moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of heavy furniture, equipment, trash cans, boxes, files, filing cabinets, and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs. when working alone and 100 lbs. with help. Must be able to climb step ladders and maintain balance to clean and wash windows and lighting. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 06/06/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20089
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency