Content and Communications Manager, The Rock Center for Corporate Governance
Content and Communications Manager, The Rock Center for Corporate Governance
Job Number: 81614
Grade: F Job Code:4168 Part-Time Position (50% FTE)
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
The Rock Center Content and Communications Manager is a key position supporting an active center located at Stanford Law School. This position is the primary content curator and a critical print and online communications manager that supports the teaching and research mission of the Rock Center for Corporate Governance. In addition, this position will strategize and execute on marketing and publicity efforts around the Rock Center's brands, content, and related events and will coordinate where appropriate with various departments at Stanford Law School (SLS) and the Graduate School of Business (GSB), including Communications, Webteam, the media team, and the Program Support Group. The Content and Communications Manager will identify opportunities to write short articles for SLS and other campus blogs and news outlets as well as manage the social media postings and presence for the Rock Center, its research, events and related efforts. This position will report to the Executive Director of the Rock Center and will work closely with the managing directors of the Rock Center as well as other Rock Center faculty and staff. The successful Content and Communications Manager will have a strong interest in the work of the Rock Centers and its mission to advance the global scholarship, practice and understanding of corporate governance as well as the broader mission of Stanford Law School.
About the Rock Center
The Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance is a joint initiative of Stanford Law School and Stanford Graduate School of Business. The Center was created to advance the understanding and practice of corporate governance in a cross-disciplinary environment where leading academics, business leaders, policy makers, practitioners and regulators can meet and work together.
Under the supervision of Center faculty and staff, create, manage, and update content for and expand the user base across multiple platforms for the Rock Center, specifically including:
- Build a digital community through social media channels, blogs, and the web. For example, develop content which leverages the Rock Center's research and events in its focus areas to grow and engage the user base on social media and the web.
- Identify key content to leverage across website and social media to engage constituents and grow engagement. For example, develop and implement a content life cycle plan for the Rock Center website. Ensure content on SLS website and other websites with information related to the Rock Center is fresh and up to date with current Rock Center activity.
- Partner with Stanford Law School communications to build relationships with traditional business media (Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Bloomberg, etc.) to find opportunities to highlight research and work of the Rock Center.
- Partner with Stanford Law School communications to build relationships with technology/Silicon Valley media (The Information, TechCrunch, etc.) to find opportunities to highlight research and work of the Rock Center.
- Curate digital content by shaping, summarizing, and repurposing web content produced by the Rock Center and identify relevant content produced by Rock Center affiliates. This content may include academic research output (working papers, reports, testimony, etc.), news coverage, event announcements, survey results, and other similar materials produced by each center.
- Regularly compile data, analyze and report on website and social media analytics. This includes coordinating and supervising advertising efforts/placements (including social media, internet media and marketing and other media). Engage in search engine optimization work on these websites both directly and with third party vendors.
- Contribute to overall development and refinement of digital community and communications strategy, and innovative social media initiatives for Rock Center.
- Leverage existing knowledge in other SLS and University departments, including Communications, Webteam, the program support group, and the media team.
- Collaborate with the Rock Center managing directors and SLS Communications to prepare, edit, and proofread newsletters, brochures, annual reports, and other media communication or documentation, including tracking of key research publications and events.
- Interact with corporate affiliates and partners for the purpose of distributing research, curating content for social and traditional media, and collecting promotional materials from participants at major events.
- In conjunction with the Rock Center managing directors, provide varied academic support that includes: research as assigned, assistance with center symposiums and events, report drafting, and preparation of multi-media and standard presentations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant work experience or combination of education and relevant experience. At least 2 years of work experience in public relations, marketing (social media and traditional), communications, journalism, or similar field is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion and interest in the Rock Center work and mission.
- Ability to build lasting relationships and communities both in person and virtually.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Highly organized and creative. Demonstrated ability to manage and effectively prioritize a complex workload of different tasks, balancing the needs of different managers and groups while maintaining excellent performance and performing all tasks accurately and on time.
- Excellent project management skills (including project planning, budgeting, scheduling, managing internal and external project partners/contractors, risk management, and project communication).
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends. Specifically, experience using social media tools (particularly LinkedIn), internet search methodology (SEO work), and website platforms (WordPress preferred) for strategic marketing purposes in an academic or knowledge-based environment. Ability to use and manage CMS-based websites required. Familiarity with web design and user interface/user experience concepts preferred. (Actual coding and design needs will be outsourced to technical resources.)
- Strong proficiency with technology and the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Previous experience creating content and managing websites required. Experience with InDesign preferred.
- Ability to work occasional work on evenings and weekends.
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, Stanford University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: School of Law, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency