Food Service Worker I-Porter 50%-Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries
The anticipated shift is based on the operational needs and can change at any time with notice.
ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY AND RESIDENTIAL & DINING ENTERPRISES:
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE), the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the University by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community in a sustainable and fiscally responsible manner. R&DE comprises 800+ staff in the following divisions: Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost, Student Housing Operations, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of four R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration including Information Technology, Human Resources, Strategic Communications, and Maintenance Operations & Capital Projects. R&DE houses 13,000+ students and their dependents while serving over 6.5 million meals annually to students, conference, catering, retail, and concession guests.
ABOUT STANFORD HOSPITALITY & AUXILIARIES:
Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, a division within R&DE at Stanford University is committed to excellence and the highest level of customer service. It is recognized nationally for operating at "the cutting edge" of the industry receiving exceptional service ratings and numerous awards, including the Restaurant & Institutions Magazine Ivy Award for excellence in food service and hospitality. The Ivy Award is one of the industry's most prestigious and coveted awards, given to those operations that meet the highest standards of food, hospitality and service. With R&DE's vision "to be the best in the business" Stanford Hospitality and Auxiliaries is a Certified Green Business practicing sustainability in its purchasing and using equipment and processes that reduce solid waste and preserve natural resources. The highest Acterra Sustainability Award was received in 2006, in recognition of these initiatives.
II. Essential Job Functions
- Responsibilities in dish room include setting up, operating and breaking down dish machine, bussing and scraping trays and storing clean dishes and silverware.
- If assigned in pot washer area duties would include setting up, operating and breaking down pot sink, cleaning pots and kitchen supplies and putting away clean items.
- Other duties include general maintenance of building, including routine cleaning of staff bathrooms; emptying garbage in dish room, kitchen and dining room areas; sweeping and mopping dining, kitchen and serving areas; and some basic maintenance of areas outside of facility.
- Bussing and cleaning of dining room.
- Clean loading dock trash area.
- Daily cleaning of kitchen equipment.
- Daily cleaning of kitchen drains and floors.
- Follow guidelines for personal hygiene and personal attire.
- Remove and break down all boxes from kitchen and recycle.
- Empty all trash containers regularly throughout the day.
- Clean all sinks in kitchen and servery, and restock with paper towels and soap.
- Throughout the day, sweep and mop kitchen, servery and hallway.
- Daily cleaning of walk-in, kitchen walls and shelving.
- Clean and sanitize tables and food service areas as needed. Keep floor in work area clean and free of debris.
- Clean up spills during meal service immediately.
- Be available to assist customers with questions regarding food items/ingredients and any assistance they may need.
- Cleans and maintains prep area.
- Attend classes, meetings, and training sessions as requested by manager.
- Follow policies and regulations of the University and Department. Report problems to manager right away.
- Ensure proper serving utensils are available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility with work assignments.
- Compliance with safety and sanitation standards and work rules.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to work as a team member on diverse workforce.
- Respectful and professional behavior.
- Knowledge of proper safety and sanitation principles when operating equipment and using cleaning supplies.
- Able to stand most of the work day.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, manager and customers.
- Must be able to read cautionary labels on cleaning products.
- Must be able to work in hot temperatures, seasonal environment, with daily exposure to hot water.
- Prior kitchen experience or basic knowledge of food preparation techniques desired.
IV. Physical Requirements GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to stand for prolonged periods, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items. Physical agility critical to perform essential job functions. Lift up to 25-50 pounds must have manual dexterity. Ability to work around hot equipment (stoves, grills, ovens).
Extreme temperature changes
10-30% Walking 30-60% Standing 50-80% Sitting 10-20% Bending 10-50% Squatting 10-20%
Hand and Finger Dexterity
10-40% Reaching 10-50% Climbing 10-20% Noise 90-100%
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling
Up to 10 pounds 30-60% Up to 25 pounds 20-50% Up to 50 pounds 10-20% Over 50 pounds 5-10% VI. English Proficiency Requirements
Must be able to understand and communicate in English with adequate proficiency to follow directions from supervisor, read and understand safety guidelines and directions to prevent accidents or injuries from occurring, and communicate effectively with customers (staff, visitors, students) by listening and speaking clearly to them.
"Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job."
Job Code: 7285 Grade: A60
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency