Geriatrics - 300702
UNTHealth has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center.
* Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population.
* By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research.
* By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers.
* Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people.
The vision of UNT Health is: "To be the healthcare provider of choice"
The University of North Texas Health Science Center's Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a qualified Assistant/Associate Professor in our Center for Geriatrics department.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Teaching of medical students, residents and Geriatrics fellows.
* Geriatrics Clinic.
* Opportunity to work with local hospitals, nursing and hospice.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* MD/DO Degree required
* Board Certified
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in Geriatrics
* Academic Experience
* Possess excellent communication, clinical, and leadership skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
* Credentialing assistance, paid liability insurance, CME and vacation package.
* Pay based on MGMA standards and commensurate with experience.
* Health and retirement benefits as a full-time employee.
Salary commensurate with experience
Mon - Fri
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled