Coordinator of Student and Young Alumni Programs
Position: Coordinator of Student and Young Alumni Programs Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 299 # of Openings: 1 ALUMNI AND PARENT ENGAGEMENT: Coordinator of Student and Young Alumni ProgramsRESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Digital Communications and Young Alumni Programs, this position provides administrative assistance to the Director; advises the Student Alumni Board; connects students and alumni through platforms like Wheaton in Network (WiN); and coordinates other student and young alumni communication and events. DUTIES:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Digital Communications and Young Alumni Programs, including preparing mailings, managing student and alumni gifts and giveaways, creating event reports, posting event photos on social media, managing event invitations and responses, tracking inventory, scheduling appointments, and maintaining communications timeline.
- Handle marketing and logistics for student and young alumni programs, including New Student Orientation, GradFest, and other events both on and off campus throughout the year.
- Oversee and advise the Student Alumni Board (SAB) and their programs:
- Provide timely customer service while managing multiple email inboxes.
- Maintain accurate and updated records on all budget expenditures related to student and young alumni programs. Track all income and expenses, including invoices, credit card expenses, and departmental charges, and verify with internal accounting system.
- Support the online platform Wheaton in Network (WiN). Advise students and young alumni on how to use WiN, coordinate marketing efforts, and approve and review interactions on WiN.
- Work Alumni Weekend and Homecoming Weekend.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Wheaton College preferred).
- Two to three years’ experience in event management, customer service, and/or office coordination.
- Energized by taking leadership on projects and by working with both students and young alumni.
- Highly organized and able to multitask in fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Professional presence with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, particularly in email communication.
- High level of Microsoft Office experience and an aptitude for learning software programs.