Wells College seeks qualifiedcandidates for a three year full time position of Communications Associate. This individual will participate broadly inthe College’s communications and marketing initiatives. The associate willwrite, distribute, and post pieces that effectively communicate Wells’ missionand goals to internal and external audiences, including social media and the newsmedia. The associate will actively contribute to efforts that lead to thesuccess of Wells’ academic, recruitment, and advancement programs. Dutiesinclude but are not limited to:
- Help tell the College’s storythrough the creation and distribution of strategic communications content,including feature stories, news articles, social media posts, newsletters,press releases, event promotions, reports, and other content across allplatforms.
- Develop and publish content onthe College’s website and on its social media platforms in an integrated,comprehensive manner.
- Serve as main liaison to vendorthat hosts the College’s website. Monitor and approve web updates submitted byother campus users.
- Manage the College’spromotion of on-campus events; including production of regular promotionalmaterials, advertising, and cultivation of faculty and staff relationshipsacross campus.
- Assist other offices/units of the College with web contentdevelopment.
- Assist with graphic design,layout, and printing of marketing materials, including posters, invitations,advertisements, and programs.
- Serve as initial point ofcontact for journalists and other members of the media. Implement strategies toincrease media interaction and placements.
- Assist in theimplementation of the College’s branding and advertising initiatives. Serve aspoint person for brand and visual identity standards for both internal andexternal constituents.
- Manage print and electronicpublications production schedules.
- Develop and maintain systemfor monitoring and assessing communications initiatives, including mediacoverage generated on behalf of Wells College.
- Assist in maintenance ofthe College’s digital assets, including photography and digital files.
Theideal candidate will exhibit a strong work ethic and be flexible whileundertaking a variety of tasks in a fast-paced office environment. The abilityto self-start, meet deadlines and work under pressure are essential. Thecandidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; anability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner;above-average computer skills (including proficiency with publishing andcontent management software, Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding ofdatabase systems); and project-management skills. Graphic design and digitalimage expertise (including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and otherdesign software). Previous experience in the higher education or non-profitsector are also strongly preferred. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism,marketing, or a related field; two to three years of related experience; orappropriate combination.
Wells College iscommitted to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons.The College seeks to promote diversity in all of its hires; members ofunder-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicationsshould be submitted here and include a cover letter, resume, and names ofthree references with contact information.