Finance Support Specialist
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Finance Support Specialist
POSITION CODE: 4248
DEPARTMENT: Business & Finance
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months / 40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $19.36 - $20.57
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) Months
POSTING DATE: November 30, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to January 11, 2019 at 2:00pm
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Controller, the Finance Support Specialist provides comprehensive administrative, technical and logistic support within the Office of Business & Finance department serving the Controller, Budget Officer, Accounting Services, Financial Analysis and Title IX teams. The role serves as the confidential assistant and functions as the key support person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations. Scheduling and coordination of meetings, conference calls and materials for the Business & Finance area. Providing technical support for Accounting, Budget, Accounts Payable and Title IX offices. Providing training on the usage of the University’s online expense management system for the credit card program and responding to inquiries and questions. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide general office support including answering department phones, ordering supplies, sorting and distributing mail, greeting and assisting visitors, organizing department functions, etc.
• Maintain various department web pages
• Provide administrative support to the Budget Officer and Budget Analysis team.
• Assist Budget Officer with file organization and maintenance.
• Assist in scheduling budget meetings.
• Assist in preparing material for budget meetings.
• Respond to questions and inquiries for help on online expense management system. Inquiries may be regarding login, expense report creation, documentation, receipts, account coding, approval, troubleshooting, etc.
• Train employees (individually or in groups) on University credit card online expense management system (US Bank).
• Maintain expense management system department & object codes and related processing rules.
• Monitor expense management system to ensure that employees are submitting transactions timely for department approval. Follow-up with delinquent employees and their supervisor on submissions.
• Perform monthly expense management reconciliation of credit card statement to General Ledger.
• Perform end of fiscal year reviews and procedures to ensure that all expenses have been submitted and approved.
• Assist, as needed, in reviewing supporting documents for all expense management transactions to ensure supporting documents are adequate and fully documented.
• Prepare officer expense documentation report for the review of officer transactions.
• Prepare daily cash transaction reconciliations work and verification of banking activity on a regular basis.
• Manage Board of Trustees’ Committee materials for Finance, Investment & Audit Committees.
• Assist in preparation of Board of Trustees’ Committee materials for Copy Center.
• Coordinate set-up for Committee conference phones and equipment needed in meeting.
• Maintain hard copy of Committee materials in OBF library.
• Maintain electronic files of Committee materials & presentations.
• Purge OBF library of Committee materials annually.
• Prepare monthly accounting entries for Life Income assets.
• Coordinate mailings for quarterly and annual Life Income statements.
• Support Accounting Team with various accounting functions including, but not limited to, journal entry input in General Ledger, account reconciliations, Accounts Payable vendor coding, and W9 coding.
• Assist with Accounts Payable check review and distribution, as needed.
• Assist with annual 1099 review, as needed, and coordinate 1099 mailing (including ordering 1099 envelopes and necessary forms).
• Assist in preparation of property tax exemption filings.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two (2) years of additional coursework. A minimum of three (3) years in a responsible position with related experience or an equivalent combination thereof is required. Experience using Microsoft Office is required. Must have excellent communication, organization, technical, and analytical skills. The preferred candidate will have strong personal computer skills including proficiency with spreadsheets, technical support, expense management, and word processing software applications. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of alumni, community, government agencies, collection and billing agencies, students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER